GT15 review by Crate

Crate: GT15

Purchased from: ma got it for my b-day

I only use my bridge pickup through it. Buts that only because the neck pickup on my Dean EVO XM has garbage. But other guitars sound fine through it. The distortion is pretty sick. Turn the middle all the way down and the low and high all the way up and it's really rounchy. The distortion channel is labled "solo" just so you kno. The clean channel distorts after 3/4ths the way up. It dose have some veritey. Some. but what can you do with a small 15 watt amp w/o effects. But Crate amps are more rock and heavyness where Fender amps of the same range and capiblaites is for blues.

I play mostley metal and some classic rock. It works just dandy for it all. I've been playin more than 3 years now and I've been through a lot of hours and frustriation. At the moment I just own my Dean EVO XM and a Marshall MG250DFX Stereo Combo Amp (this amp kicks ass) but I don't move it any where. And a few assortment of pedals and cables. My favorite pedal is the DigiTech Grunge. Which sounds really good through bolth the Marshall and Crate. I got it for my birthday completley unpronounced to my mother (I didn't tell her I wanted another amp) but it's good to have to kick around and pratcice on. I love the portablilty and that's about it. It sounds good and what not. If it were lost or stolen ide buy the 30 watt big brother to this amp with the effects. Probley the only thing to compair this amp to is the Fender Frontman 15. I just wish it had some effects. Get it for your kids or for yourself if you wanna pratcice or take I places, peace out

It hasn't let me down yet. It's my portable beater amp and it's taken hours of jammin at my buddies houses. I don't play it much becasue I have a Marshall combo. Which is great. It can sit for over a week and when plugged into again it's plays like the day I got it.