GT212 review by Crate

Crate: GT212

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Like I said earlier this amp has the perfect sound for me. I play a Epiphone Les Paul Custom with an EMG 81 and 85 in it. My sound is like metal and punk and melodic death metal. Its not that noisy when you have have it on the solo channel or the rythm channel. The clean channel gets really high pitched at high volume, but other than that you will have no problems with the sound.

My overall impression is wow. This thing is a beast and has no limitations. A perfect match for me and anyone else looking for a mean amp to add to their collection. If it were stolen I would definitely find the person who stole it and beat their ass. But if I couldnt find that person I would definetly buy another one...without a doubt. I have compared it with other amps of that power and price and it ranks on top, although the Marshall dgfx100 was nice... But I would still choose the Crate anyday.

This amp will NEVER quit on you. I've had it for 1 year and have done some serious giging and not one scratch, this thing is a tank. It has never broken down on me or my friends. Its reliable enough to last you for years without even having to service it for the usual tune up. I would definetly use it without a backup but i would by another cab for it though.

This is a Sweet Amp. It doesn't come with any effects besides reverb. It works perfectly with the types of music i play, although I wish it had a deeper clean channel. It has 3 channels; clean, rhythm, and solo. They are all perfect(besides the clean but i already mentioned that). Its rythm is awesome, it is more of a lighter distortion, good for ac/dc and others like that. The Solo channel is the best. You can turn the shape up to like a death metal sound or you can turn it the other way and have a kickin solo sound. It has a effects loop and and External Speaker input to hook up another cab to it. It comes with a 3 channel footswith with reverb on it. I wish the amp was louder though...for 120 watts it should be knockin down the walls but its not quit that loud, but it is a solid state amp...