GT212 review by Crate

Crate: GT212

Purchased from: music123.com

I use my Ibanez SZ320 guitar, DigiTech Metal Master Distortion pedal, and Digitech mutli-chours pedal. I play hard rock/metal and it suits me just fine. Almost no distortion on the clean channel at high volume. The distortion is justa little to tube like for my taste though.

Defentally get this amp. Second best amp Crate makes, Blue Voodoo being the first. The GT series rules. I also have a GT15R for bedroom jaming. The only thing I dont like about it is the distortion isn't raw enough for my tastes and the damn thing is really heavy but thats expected, just look at the size of it. I compared it to a Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack and the Crate just blew it out of the water. Defentally check this one out.

Man this thing is a tank. I've gigged with it plenty of times. I actually had to turn it down one time because the drum set was ratteling so much that our drummer couldnt play. The amp has never broken down even though I've only had it for a few months.

My first big amp. Before this I had a Drive CD300 which is a piece of crap 30 watt amp. This amp is pretty versatile. It's got good tube like distortion on the rhythm channel and cruncher SS distortion in the solo channel. 3 channels, clean, rhythm, and solo. Has reverb. Comes with a three button footswitch. Built in effects loop and cab extention. I wish the distortion was a little heavier, but I have a Metal Master so I set it to the clean channel, throw in my Metal Master and I'm set. This thing has 120 watts pumped through 2x12" speakers, this is defentally a gig capable amp. It is soild state but I perfer solid state, more reliable then tube.