GT212 review by Crate

Crate: GT212

I'm using my Fender Standard Telecaster with my amp. You can get that jimi Hendrix sound very easily on the amp by tweaking around with the settings and putting on the rhythm pickup. You can also get that Metallica sound just by pressing the pedal. The overdrive setting gives a lot of screeching feedback if your not playing (I have to stand 3 ft from it because it's in my room) but when your playing it gives a sick ass sound.

Like I said before I play many types of music and this amp matches up to them pretty nicely. I've been playing for almost 3 years and I'm self-tought. I own an acoustic guitar that I bought at a garage sale (it actually was worth the 40$) and I own a Squier Strat that I don't use because Squiers are terrible. If it was stolen, I would buy this amp again. My favorite feature is the overdrive. I love playing distorted guitar. I wish it came with a wah wah pedal.

Yes I would definately use this in a gig without a backup.

This amp can play a variety of music genres. I listen to basically anything with a good guitarist (mostly older stuff) in it and I haven't had a problem coming up with certain sounds (Hendrix, Metallica, AC/DC, Ozzy etc). There are 3 channels: clean, solo, and overdrive. It came with a pedal to switch from channel to channel. There's also a button that switches on the reverb. I wish this amp had some effects on it. Anything really. My amp is up in my room. It's 120 watts so it's pretty damn loud.