GT212 review by Crate

Crate: GT212

Purchased from: Clarks Music

I play a Washburn WI-64DL with it's standard electric humbuckers. It suits my music style very well, with the rythm channell being perfect for punk, while the lead is great for metal. The clean is amazing as well. There is basiclly no feedback as long as you don't get too close, but that is true with any amp. This is where the sound is a little sketchy: range. There are pretty much 4 sounds it can make: Clean, Overdrive, Distortion and Reverb. The clean channel is fine, but this amp is loud enough to where I don't have ot turn it up too much. The distortion is perfect. Just right.

This amp suites my music perfectly. I've been playing for about 4 years, and I own a Rouge Wah/Volume pedal, and my guitar, 'cause that's all I need with this amp. Nope. I would definetly buy it again. My favorite feature is the footswitch. It makes it so I don't need any pedals.

I would say it is very dependable. I've dropped it a couple times, smashed it into things and nothing is wrong yet, not even a tear on the viynl. It has never broken down, and I don't think any amount of neglect would do anything to this beast.

This amp has all the settings I need to play my styles of music: punk/metal. There is nothing more I could ask for, although I do play music that doesn't require much. I use this amp for jamming and playing with my bands. I believe it is definetly capable of blowing the doors off any gig it may encounter. The fact that it is a solid state is good, 'cause tubes bite.

Canfudil666
    I have this amp, and you cn play all kind of style of music in this amp. And you can gig with it, the only problem with it is there no wheels under it, and the fx loop only work with a y cable