GT212 review by Crate

Crate: GT212

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I use a MRW Copy les paul with nickel humbuckers. The sound you can get out of the amp can very very raw which I like. I like the raw sound from Guns N' Roses and Black Sabbath. But then I like the clean bluesy sound I can get out of it too. This amp has a very good down and dirty ryhtme, and solo channel. The Rythem channel is just more bassy. I've only played this amp in my room at just below one. So I'm sure if you like to gig this will be more than enough power. The clean channel is very warm, and I like teh bluesy tone I can get out of it. The distortionn as I said before is very down and dirty.

My overall impression is, I can get any tone I can get close to. I've been playing about 8/9 months, and I use my Dunlop Classic Crybaby a lot on this amp. If it were stolen or lost I would definetly buy another. I love the solo channel it gives you that extra.

I can depend on this amp all the time when I use it. I would definetly gig with this amp without a back up. I haven't ever had a problem with the amp yet. I have droped it once, not from very high, I dropped while I carried it into the garage, and I looked at it, and everything was in place, and works like nothing ever happened, except a scratch on teh side.

I beleive this amp is one of the newer series from Crate. It is a solid state 120 watt amp, with 2 Crate Custom L 12" speakers. The amp is very versatile for the styles I play which range from metal to classic rock, hard rock, and blues. It has 3 channels, solo, rythme, and clean. It comes with a foot Switch, no effects loop, and also comes with a headphone jack. I wish it had an effects loop, because I don't need to spend more money on pedals. You can also hook this amp up to another cab if you want some more power if you like. There is no feature on this amp I do not use.