GT212 review by Crate

Crate: GT212

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I only play a Squier Strat through it, but I have played a Gibson les paul custom through it, the Squier Strat sounds like a lot better of a guitar than it really is, and it makes the Les Paul sounds awesome. I play a lot of punk music, I'm in a punk band, and it suites my style perfectly. It can be noisy, but that's just cause we practice on the second floor in a house, so it's expected with any amp. Otherwise there's very low static, and great control over the volume on it. The clean channel could be a little thicker, but it's still a great sound. The Drive is great, it fits my band perfectly.

Once again, I play a lot of punk, and this amp is a great match. I've been playing it for about a year, and I play a Squier Strat through a Zoom GFX foot pedal into it. Even with low quality guitars like that, it made it sound a lot better. If it were lost or stolen, I'll be honest and say if I had the money I'd buy a Marshall tube amp, but seeing as I don't have that money, I would totally buy it again.

I can totally depend on this amp. I wouldn't need a backup amp, though I'd probably like stacking it with a cabinet, but I don't need to right now and it's still a great amp eitiher way. The amp has never broken down on me, but then again I wouldn't exactly want to throw any amp down the stairs or treat it harshly to the extreme. However, it is durable and hasn't sustained any damage at the gigs I've played at, or by carrying it around where I go.

I bought this amp as my first big amp. It's got drive, clean/reverb, and solo. I love it, though someone might look for an amp with more features. It has just what I need, and just what I use. It's also got a great 3 channel footswitch with it, which I love, it's really durrable and takes my foot pounding on it over and over again. Like most Crate amps. You can stack it too, with any speaker cabinet (Marshall, Krank, Crate, etc).

ides-of-march
    This amp looks sick, ive always been looking towards crate for my next amp and this might be it. sweet
    MooCowFragger
    I have had this amp for over 2 years. Never failed me. It is extremely fricking loud! I can shake the walls easily. I sometimes forget the solo setting is made for "solo's" because it has some crunchy tones that totally belong in rythm metal songs anyway, so that is where it normally stays. I play this along with an Ibanez RG and a Jackson DKMG Dinky. With EMG pickups and Solo Setting, you basically have infinite sustain. SICK.