GT212 review by Crate

Crate: GT212

Purchased from: Act One Music

I use a Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom, and my only effect is a Dunlop Classic Wah pedal. The amp suits my style fine. But I could have probably got better. I play classic rock/metal/blues/funk/modern rock. It gets really broken up at loud volumes which sucks because teh guitar doesn't come through nicely. The clean channel is clear, but like I said, it's alittle bassy for my likings. The distortion is pretty good for the amp. Really suprised me.

Like I said I play blues/classc rock/modern rock/metal/funk etc. It's a pretty good match. I've been playing for about 1 3/4 years. And had this amp for about 7 months. I own an MRW ETG34, Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom, and a Dunlop Classic Crybaby. There is nothing I wish I had asked about this amp. But I wish I had asked about tube amps. If it were stolen I'd try and beat the guy whole stole it. But I wouldn't buy it again since I'm buying a Marshall half stack soon. I like the distortion on this amp, it's very clear. Probably only channel I like on it. I never compared this amp to any other when I baught it. Overall, pretty good amp. Good price for 120 watts. If you're going to spend 300-400 on a solid state, you should buy a 20-30 watt tube amp. It'll sound better in the long run.

I can depend on this amp without a backup. I've gigged with it before. Plus I don't even have a back up amp. The amp has never broken down once. I haven't dropped it. But sometimes you'll get a buzzing sound. I just turn the amp off and back on and it goes away.

This amp model I beleive was started in 2004/2005. The GT212 is a solid state amp. The amp is some what versitile. I have trouble trying to get a nice crunch classic rock sound like Zeppelin/Skynyrd which sorta sucks because Skynyrd is one of my favourite bands. Other than that the amp does metal, modern rock very well. The clean is very bassy, even with bass on 0-1 you get a very bassy sound. The amp has 3 channels: clean, rhythm (crunch), and solo (distortion). It comes with a footswitch and a headphones jack. I've gigged with this amp a few times and it held up fine. I use it to jam, in my room, and gigged with it. It has enough power for me. It can get super quiet too. Which is good, because my parents don't like it when it's loud. When the amp is turned up loud (past 5) the sound gets really screwy and I find the guitar doesn't go through as nicely as if it were on 1-3. But that's because it's a solid state.

raulbitran
    ive recently got that amp, its great, i play it with a jackson kelly, its sounds like the heavenly gods great amop!!!!