GT212 review by Crate

Crate: GT212

Purchased from: Local Crate Dealer

I use a OLP John Petrucci with a Dimarzio Evolution in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge. I have a Boss GT-8 multi effects processor and split my signal stereo to each of my Crate GT 212's. I play mostly progressive rock or metal music or anything that changes my mood so I need a little versatility to my control. The Crates hold out well to what I deliver, they have the bottom end of what I want and the high middle settings that I love for noodling or soloing. They are vey quiet amps even with both or them halfway in volume in a 12 by 12 room with gain through my floor processor. I find that the amplifier would be well suited for Blues and genenral clean playing, the rhythmn section is strong enough for rock or hard rock with very little effort but for metal fans it lacks just a little more but the solo channel is really efficient and does it jobs like it's suppose too.

I'm very impressed by this amplifier I mean for the price you pay for it you can't go wrong with it at all. It's efficient, powerful and affordable. For what price your going to pay for a half stack tube amplifier, don't get me wrong I'd love to have a tube amplifier (Mesa all the way), but I'm on a budget but still not discouraged at all by a long shot because I'm going to tell you that if your not a super critic on tube and solid state this amp is well worth the money and the time to find the sounds that you want and I mean it because I've got two of them and I don't care for anything else in the world when those notes sing and surround me. Deffinitly try it out of you need power with a price to give you a smile.

It's a tank. That's all I can say. When I can find some type of equipement that can take more than a few hits I'll love it. It's a simple cabinet design and the control panel is basic and what you need. I've never called for my amps to be serviced yet and you get a 5 year waranty for the amplifier itself and a 2 year for the speakers (or the other way around sorry).

My first Crate GT 212 I bought was a 2006 and I have another of the same model but a 2007 and as much as I played and pushed the first one I purchased, it sounds just as much perfect as the new one I bought recently. They are incredible amplifiers for the price. They are well enough versatile for me with the three channels you get with them and very easy to control and effective at the same time. I play with local people in whatever situation it can be like in small rooms, garages or even small venues and the amps hold out more than what I can ask for (one is enough). The amps of course are solid state so I mean like the amp doesn't sound as saturated or warm as a tube but I mean if you get a couple of good pedals or even a multi effects pedal the tones you get out of the clean channel alone is well worth the money, almost a barrage. It has three seperate channels, a clean, a rhythmn and a solo, the rhytmn and solo both have a gain and the solo has a shape setting which does effectively work depending on what you want for tone.

mp3stalin
    RollingFree wrote: How much did you guys buy it for? I found it at zzounds for $200!
    yeah its had a price drop because they have a new amp series now... FM's i think? ...still a GREAT amp.