GT30 review by Crate

• Reviewer's score: 3 Poor
Crate: GT30

Purchased from: pawnshop

I play, and don't laugh, a pearl river destroyer with a double lock floyd rose trem, ultra noiseless humbucks. With my set up it rocks.the amp really delivers lows thump, take the mid and shut it off, and the highs scorch with ear splitting pleasure. Over all I like the amp.

Heavy/death metal, been cranking metal since the mid 70's and hated disco. It seems to be a pretty impressive little amp, with alot of punch, especially when you add external speaker cabs, and use a great effects board with a pre-amp built in it, then you have plenty of juice to light up the hood, gig, or your worst enemy's nightmare.

The amp seems reliable enough, and suits my needs well it really delivers and people laugh when you bring it in and set up, and at the end of the gig people are allays asking what the F. is that amp? It blows minds.seems pretty rugged, I've dropped on the floor, and thought well its over now, plugged it in and thinking the worst, and the little mutha worked like a charm.

Unsure of the year model, real versatile, heavy/death metal, its a 2 channel, but I only use the clean channel with a Zoom effects board with a pre-amp built in, and run several effects with all parameters tweaked to destroy, I use the amp for practice and smaller gigs, it rocks nice, heavy thumbing bottom ends, with metal styles the secret is to just shut the mid off of everything as if it didn't exist, the highs bust with pricing clarity, and the dive bombs sustain for a century. Overall the GT30 is pretty cool, but I'm a Peavey guy and nothing beats a 135 watt 2-12.