GT3500H review by Crate

Crate: GT3500H

I play strictly on my bridge humbucker while on solo and both humbuckers for clean. This being said the sound quality is amazing. The clean comes through loud and true without being ear peircing. The distortion (especially on solo with high gain and shape) is insane. The distortion is sharp and basically punches you in the throat. With the four twelve inch celestion speakers this amp has few issues being precise, loud, and sharp. On top of all of this, this amp is 350 watts as opposed to the common 120 watt head, that's loud. The only reason I did not rate this as a ten is because of an annoying buzz recieved at high volumes on solo mode when not playing. This problem exists not when playing, but as soon as you turn your volume down/off it's evident.

Overall impression is amazing. I've gone through plently of amps including Marshall and Line 6 and this amp crushes most of them. In it's price range it is the loudest, most precise, and most distorted good sounding amp I've found. The sound and volume stacks up against 2-4 grand Marshall and crank heads. My only gripes are small ones like the solo channel buzz and the fact that the power cable is attached directly to the head which prevented me from using a monster cable power chord.

This beast is definately reliable and durable. I've owned it for a year now and it sounds just as good/crisp as the day I bought it. It's heavy duty casing and metal grill allows great protection. This head has taken a few decent falls that frankly scared me white, but it came through without a problem.

The features, for what it's built for, are great, especially for a solid state. This amp consists of three main settings: clean, rhythm, and solo. The clean is amazing for an amp built for rock/metal. It's warm, smooth, yet loud if needed (controls include volume, treble, mid, bass, and on the other two channels gain). The rhythm, although I never use it, is good for what it is. For older style rock and various other mild distortions it pulls through. Solo, the setting I'm on 90% of the time, is incredible. I initially tried this amp in the store because I asked what is the loudest, most distorted, thing you have that sounds good, they pointed this thing out and they weren't kidding. After the first note I was hooked and walked out with it. In short the distortion on solo is crushing. The two controls on solo are shape and gain, honestly that all you need. With those two controls you can play '80s metal, nu-metal, modern metal such as Lamb Of God, anything you can imagine you can tweak. Two things I failed to mention is that this amp also has built in reverb of damn good quality and a Switch pedal of good quality.

|\puto_rodas/|
    *second* loool users rating 5?!?!?! kant believe it... The first guy was right, how did it cost???
    poipoi
    @jumpmanhat, i think it's not that, it's Flexwave Evolution 5 that can simulate a tube amp, not Flexwave Evolution that can simulate 5 tube amps
    roarinflames
    this is no longer available if you want one there is one in guitar center in grand rapids, michigan that is used they were going to ship it to me in washington state
    gstringplucker
    Dude thats soo crazy i just bought This crate and a marshall avt 150h both for 450$ and The guy lived in lansing and we met up at guitar center in grand rapids michigan!! This amp is a beast i have a 400 watt b52 cab, and let me just say i cant even turn the amp up half way and its soo loud!
    david-vbhc
    got mine for 200 and paired it with 2 b52 4x12 cabs. great sound. sooooo much bass.
    fretpilot5150
    is there a recommended speaker cabinet to go with this amp head? is the FW series by crate acceptable or would the V series be more appropriate?