GT500H review by Crate

Crate: GT500H

Purchased from: Local Dealer

I've play'd a bunch of diffrent guitars through this amp, cheap and high end. To Gibsons with EMG 81s dropped into is to a stock Peavy Nitro, this amp makes them really scream. This is definatly an amp for anything from Blues to 80s Trash. I play mostly Hard Rock and 80's Thrash like Kiss, Metallica, Collective Soul, Chevelle and Nirvana. I've played some Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd as well and this amp definatly can pull it off. With sound it's defiantly a tube amp! Killer Distortion and nice clear, warm cleans.

This amp, was an all out improvment from playing solid state amps like my Behringer V-amprie (Which was a complete disappointment). I've played this thing right next to my Dad's Marshall JMC2000s and it defiantly held its own! I definatly like this amp and it was a great investiment. If you can find one! I would highly suggest buying it!

Without a doubt, this amp is very reliable. I've had this thing for about 6 months and I haven't had a problem with it yet. I've ran it for 7 hours straight before, none stop playing and all it did was get better sounding! Not a problem with it at all. If this thing ever got stolen or destroyed, I would definatly go find another one! I mean, at the price you can get it for? How can you go wrong?

This amp is really solid. I believe in was made in the 2000s but i'm not to entirely sure. This amp only has two channels, Distortion and Clean, each with there own reverb effect. It has a channel select button in the front, which is nice when you don't have a foot Switch. For the clean channel, it has a volume, tremble and bass knob, which I believe that's all you really need. For the distortion channel, you have your gain, tremble, mid, bass and volume. You have your Input, Insert and Footswitch jacks in the front as well. Then, last but not least for the front, you have your Standby and Power switches. In the back you have your Main and Extention speaker Cabinet jacks, as well as your speaker impedance switch, which runs on 8 or 16 ohms. This amp runs a 50 watt RMS, all Tube. I have almost no complaints about this little amp. The only thing I have a problem with is that you cannot turn off your Reverb with a footswitch and the distortion gets a tad digital sounding when you go past 8. In my Basement where I have my band practices, I can easily play over the drums on 4-5, so I don't worry about going past 8!