GT65 review by Crate

Crate: GT65

Purchased from: The Music Spot

I'm playin this with a Jackson JS30DK with the stock pickups, not great but still sweet. The tonal range is great, espescially with the "shape" dial on the solo channel, that give u great tonal customisation abilities. The solo channel can be a lil' noisy, but that can be fixed by hittin the killswitch on that between songs and ur set. The clean channel stays pretty clean all the way up except when all of the knobs are at max. The distortion on this amp is the most brutal around, the whole band love sit and so do I.

Playing metal, metalcore, hardcore, screamo, even, dare I say it, jazz this amp is perfect, I've been playing for around 6 years now, and played through bigger Behringers and some crusty no-name stuff and this is by far the best shit out, if it were stolen I'd save up and buy the GT212 simply cause its louder, this amp is perfect, the foot Switch is by far the best part of it, the ability to change during songs and silence through breaks is great. I recommend anyone looking for a relatively cheap metal amp choose this one, it'll blow your little buddies minds.

This thing is solid, weighs a bit I might add, lol, but I reckon it could take a severe beating before it packs it in, so far I; ve had no issues with it, I've had it for nearly a year and I've pushed it beyond its max over and over and its still kickin.

Alright, the Crate GT65 is simply the most kickass solid state amp out there. I play mostly Hardcore/Metalcore sorta stuff and it is perfect, but it branches into most genres, although the clean channel is great aswell. It has 3 channels clean = great, rhythm = greater and solo = greatest, all of these a switchable with the foot switch that comes with the amp. Basically this amp covers everythin, except for really crunchy punkinsh sounds, but Who needs them. I use this amp for playing in my Metalcore band, it's perfect, volume is perfect for practice and small gigs, though I'll hook it up to a cab for bigger shows with the ext. speaker jack. Also the reverb dial is wicked, for adding that lil' extra something to ur sound.

johnsy2004
    i got this amp yesterday! i plugged in my cd player to it and the sound was fine but then i plugged my guitar in and the volume went crazy! does anyone know y this happened?