GTD120 review by Crate

Crate: GTD120

Sound-I use it with an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 (damn I have to upgrade). You do not have to have any sort of distortion pedal ever again if you use the footswitch (I think you have to have the footswitch plugged in.) The amp unfortunately is very noisy and hums loudly if it is turned on past halfway on overdrive and high-gain. But it more than makes up for it because the amps sound is so good on all settings. The clean channel is very clear even at full volume and overdrive and high-gain is the most brutal I can imagine.

Overall Impression- I play metal and alternative and pop-punk (all time low, Metallica, and smashing pumpkins) and it is a perfect match. I know this amp like the back of my hand after 3 days. The only thing I could wish for is that the hum would go away when playing loudly. I would most likely get this amp again if stolen. I compared this amp to many different marshalls and Line 6's and I choose this amp because the distortion is so great. Wish that it wasn't so confusing when you first get it.

Reliability & Durability-This amp is very very heavy but it can take a beating and probably will survive the end of the world. The amp has not and never will break down. I would gig without backup. Nothing can ever break this amp. I will depend on this amp.

Features- believe this amp was made this year (2008). This amp is very versatile. You can play metal, blues, jazz, rock, country, funk, alternative, or any type of music I didn't just name. It has 3 channels (high-gain, overdrive, and clean) and it has effects which are adjusted using a knob on the amp *Cough* Line 6 *cough* however they are difficult to understand. This amp is very large and can be used for small-medium gigs or for vibrating the house and pissing off neighbors. You can also play quietly. The amp is a solid state.

spike1618
    Great stuff, like it a lot, Im searching amp with those features. In serbia this sht cost bout 700e