GTD120 review by Crate

Crate: GTD120

I'm using humbuckers and a strat styled Fernandes which Kurt Cobain played. It gives me the right tones in the right areas for my music. it's really noisy in a garage setting. Well it starts making some fuzzy rining noises when you start to turn it up alot. The distortion is basic enough and good enough for me, I was trying to get a metal kind of sound out of the high gain but it wasn't working out so well I think I'd just better go get a pedal for that.

Well it's good for my style which is loud and noisy, noise rock I guess. I have been playing for about a year and a half and like this amp is a really great improvement against my stupid Squire starter amp. I really can't think of anything I'd rather have other than this amp possibly because my budget was about 300 or 400 dollars. If it was lost or stolen I would probably get this amp again as long as I still had the same amount of finnancial situation. I love the fact that it's really loud with it's two 12's and I hate that it's not a tube amp but it's good for a solid state. I would compare this product to a lot of different tube amps which are really cool but I can't afford them. I wish it had a little more distortion on it's overdrive.

Its extremely dependent and it's never broken down on me possibly for the reason that I've only had it for about a week or two.

I'm pretty sure this amp was made in 2008 and it's low price is because Crate is competing with a competitor. This amp is great for all of the music I play. I play Classic rock, blues, punk, grunge (same guitar style basically). The Overdrive that comes with it is great and can be turned down till you get a fuzz tone and turned all the way up and get more of the grunge/nirvana sound. It sounds great clean also it's just I wish I knew a few more different settings for the eq. It came with the footswitch pedal which is great now that I don't have to reach down and play with the amp. It came with phaser, chorus, and flanger. OH and the high gain is great for like the psychodelic music I play. it's loud to the point were I think I have like delay on when I really don't and it's just echoing off into the distance. It has two 12's and it's a solid state.

nikkore1
    I have one I'm Selling Brand New if anyone is interested for $220. let me know Email: Stokinggoat@gmail.com