GTD65 review by Crate

Crate: GTD65

I play all my guitars through it, my B\.C\. Rich NJ Warlock, my Starcaster, and my Dean acoustic. it is perfect for Metallica and ACDC which is mainly what I play. it's also good for some nirvana and Green Day. the clean channel is crystal clear even on 10. the amp is not very noisy at all.

I play mostly rock and metal with some soft rock thrown in. This amp fits my style perfectly. I've been playing for about nine months now and this is still my only real amp. my other is a POS 10w starter-pack amp. I ove the raw power and tone that this amp provides. if it were lost I'd definetly get another one, although maybe a smaller model. the only thing I wish it had was it's own wah-wah pedal (but that's only because I'm to cheap to buy one.

It seems tough as a brick! I've had it for about 6 months now and not a single problem with it. I have played Live with it twice. it worked just fine. it is very tough and very dependable. the plastic coating seems like it will last a lifetime. it looks like it will survive a fall down a flight of stairs!

This is a 65 watt, solid state(SS), amp with a 12" speaker. It has 3 footswitchable channels, clean, overdrive, and high gain. it has 3 effects knobs: reverb, delay, and a combination chorus/flanger knob. the reverb and chorus work good but the delay is terrible. the best delay is the slapback, it's still not that great. this amp also has CD player/ipod imput that emphisises lead guitar parts and quiets the rest of the song. this amp can play almost anything from Metallica to ACDC to Pink Floyd. I only really use this amp at home so it is WAY to big for me. I've never had it turned past about 6(although I've taken the clean channel to 10) on the overdrive and high-gain channels.

asfastasdark
    This is not about other Crates. This is about THIS Crate. When will you people start realizing this? You don't go flame a Marshall tube head saying that you have an MG15 and it sucks? ... I have to say that the effects and high-gain channel on this sucks, but the rest is very good (the reverb is pretty good too). Clean channel is very good and practically noiseless, gain channel is not bad, and the amp is very tough, as is the footswitch if you got it in good condition. This thing works fine for me. Just buy your own effects pedals and play through the clean channel and you're ready to go.