GTD65 review by Crate

Crate: GTD65

I'm using some off brand strat which actually sounds decent despite the horrible pickups, and an Ibanez GAX70. I personally keep the amp on clean always, and I don't use the pedal that came with it. I'm using a Boss ME-50 which works great with it. It can get loud in any situation, in the small shows I've played with it I didn't even have it turned up halfway; I have yet to hear how loud it can get. As high as I've turned it up the sound is just as good as if it were on the lower volumes.

I play mostly Indie/alternative stuff and it works great. I've toyed around with other amps and I could never get the sound I get out of this one. The only thing I would change is the effects being a little more noticeable for someone that may not have any effects pedals.

Durability; something you won't have to worry about. I've dropped it, hit it on walls, knocked it over, sat on it, stood on it and the only thing coming off a little piece of "finish" which is like a thick detailed tape. The only thing you should really be careful of is the open back.

I got this year about 2 years ago at Guitar Center (had to buy the floor model.) and personally I think it's great. It has 3 channels you can switch between using a stomp pedal that came with it; the 3 channels are Clean, Overdrive, and High Gain. It has 3 effects which are kind of useless except for the Reverb which is fantastic. It has an AUX plug in (ipods, mp3 players, even your computer if you have the proper chords, which it does not come with.) I've used this amp playing a couple live shows, and I use it almost every day and I'm very happy with it.