GTX3500H Tidalwave review by Crate

Crate: GTX3500H Tidalwave

Purchased from: LOUD TECH.

I play several different Gibson guitars through this amp, all are equipped with humbuckers. I play black metal predominantly, but like most others I fool around in other areas as well. This is probably the best amp for metal tones I've ever played. The distortion channel is absolutely crushing, and has very little noise for the amount of gain it puts out. The sound is very articulate and even with the gain cranked, the subtle nuances of your playing will Shine through. The overdrive channel is better for hard rock tones and sounds good, though I hardly use it. The clean channel is great, very rich and full sounding. The effects are good for what they are, but I mainly just use the reverb and delay which are very solid. There are several different delay settings that are fun to toy around with. The effects on this thing are just icing on the cake, the real appeal of this amp lies in it's uncompromisingly great tone, across all the channels. It is a very impressive amp.

Great amp, maybe the best solid state amp I've ever played. Would work great live or in the studio. Especially good for metal and hard rock tones, with an awesome clean channel as well. The built in effects are good, but not the main attraction here. If you can get this amp for a good price, do it! I don't see many of these around.

This amp is built like a tank, not a single issue throughout the years I've owned it. I would gig with this without a backup with absolutely no worries, it has never let me down. The fact that it's a solid state only adds to this fact, no need for tube changes or rebiasing; this baby is always ready to rock.

This is a 350W solid-state guitar amp head. It has three channels; Clean, Overdriven, and Distortion, each channel has Level, Gain, and EQ controls (3 band). Dual DSP controls provide 15 "Multi" effects and 15 Delay effects which can be combined for a wide variety of sounds. Has a seperate control for Reverb. Line In/Out. It also has an built in tuner, which works well.

patrick.noel.77
    There seems to be a lot of negative comments on the crate brand itself, and very few comments in general about this model in particular, the tidalwave gtx3500h.. I hear its a very good, gig ready metal amp, but could somebody please confirm lol, I can get one for $400 with its original 4x12 cabinet, I also run through a boss me50 (is this a good idea?)and am thinking of upgrading my guitar to some ibanez one (I'd like a 22-23 fret, any ideas?)
    rubbieh
    While there are quality issues with Crate's lower end models (ie: Flexwave), this amp has great sounds, crushing distortion and is definitely gig-worthy. Absolutely rock solid.