GX10 review by Crate

Crate: GX10

I use a Biscayne Flyer LTD, and it has a very good clean sound. It isn't noisy at all, not even at full gain on the overdrive channel, but it doesn't have enough gain to play hard rock stuff or any style that need a heavy palm muting, but what can you expect from a basic amp? It doesn't too much variety by itself, the best features is the clean sound, but it get distorted after you turn up the volume higher that 7, but I never need to use that high, for practice 3 it enough.

Well, I just use it for practice, I use a fab metal pedal instead of the distortion of the amp and I'm very satisfied with the clean sound, which as I said earlier is the best features of this little cheap amp. If it were stolen I won't buy it again, I prefer to look for a bigger amp. The amp it isn't bad but neither good, it just a very a basic amp, but I think for the cheap price it offers more than what its worth.

Of course, as a practice amp I never will gig with this amp. About realibility, so far has never broke down.

Don't know the year that was made, cause its used. It just a very basic 10W solid state amp with the EQ (low, mid, high), 2 channel (clean and overdrive) but it doesn't have channel switching. The overdrive channel has a level and gain knob. You have to turn the gain all way down to use the clean channel. It has a effect loops and a headphone jack. Doesn't have a cd input jack, I think the last feature is very important cause it can be used just as a practice amp.