GX212 review by Crate

Crate: GX212

I'm using a F-100 FM and this amp sounds great with that guitar. It is pretty noisy so if you play at higher volumes you'll need to get noise-gate. The lows are awesome as well as the highs even when cranked up. The distortion sounds real and full. I have the distortion at 6 because I don't have a noise-gate and I can still play Lamb Of God, Killswitch and all that at that level. Also I play at lower volumes since I just play in my room. The clean channel is really warm and doesn't break up at all even at higher volumes. The lows are awesome on the clean channel as well. Great great sound.

I play metal and clean stuff too and it suits me perfect at the point in my guitar playing. I've been playing around 2 years and this amp is definitely the best amp you're going to find around that price range. I love the distortion and the clean channel. My favorite feature has to be the shape knob. It tightens up your sound on the distortion channel and makes it sound awesome. This amp will suit you if you play metal or just about anything else as well as volume goes. This thing is really loud at 120 watts what could you expect? I wanting to buy one of these in the future. Bottom line, great amp.

I've been playing on this amp for a few months where my friend left it at my house. This amp is definitely built to last. This amp could be used at a gig and blow people away. The amp has never broken down.

Great amp for metal and cleans as well. This is a solid state, 2x12" speakers, and 120 watts. This thing is really loud. It has the basic two channels. The shape knob gives the distortion a really good sound.

A Poe
    I just bought this amp used for a little over 300 dollars and it is an excellent buy. At half volume it makes ur balls jiggle. The distortion works great for me too. I like to play it all and this amp does it to perfection.