GX30M review by Crate

Crate: GX30M

I'm using a standard Godin Freeway Classic, with this amp. This amp was practically made for classic rock and jazz sounds, very tube sounding. It's perfect for small venues and band practicing. Personally I think it sounds better in larger more open spaces. It's pretty quite for the most part, except when you turn on the gain up on ten. It has a really great light distortion on 3-6, and can give great acdc and led zeppelin sounds right about there. You can't get very much of a heavy metal sound, but it does ok on the metallica sound, definately not suited for metal. Overall this is a great amp for lighter distortion genres.

I normally play classic rock and metal. Thsi amp was exactly what I was looking for. If I ever needed a stronger distortion, I can jsut add a pedal, and viola. I'm very happy with this amp. And if it ever got stollen, I'd ask for it back. If he doesnt' give it back, I'd ask for him to give me money for a new one. I only wish I could have gotten it new.

This amp seems good enough. I don't feel liek it'll fall apart, middle of the show. But who on earth wouldn't gig with a backup, even with the most reliable stuff? But overall everything on it is great.

Suitable for most all jazz, blues, and can decently pull of a classic rock sound, it has a very tube-like sound. It was first introduced in 2000 from Crate amplifiers. It has overdrive, and clean drives. With a reverb, and a chorus. It has a jack for a footswitch, headphones, and recording (I think). The overdrive has a gain, shape, and a level function which really helps you zero in on the toen you want. And the chorus is ok, I never use it that much. The cleans are great. I personally love them, they have a great Nirvana-esque pop to them. I do wish that it woudl have some more effects, like a delay and such, but other then that it's perfect.