GX30M review by Crate

Crate: GX30M

I'm using this amp with my Standard Fender Strat, SSS configuration. It works great for clean sounds and with a little distortion. It is a bit noisy though. I thought it was my guitar, but it wasn't. It's just noisy when nothing is plugged into it. Distortion is okay; a petal is definitely better.

Great for classic rock. IMO, the overdrive isn't bad either. A nice and powerful practice amp. Would be a great amp if it wasn't for the noise. If it was stolen, I'd get something better. But, in my case, for $30, try and find a better amp for the price.

It is definitely dependable. It doesn't quit working. I could probably gig with it without a backup too. It's a solid state amp, so it shouldn't need too much as far as servicing goes. When I bought it, it looked like it had been sitting for years. A little "Armor All" and it was good to go. A for reliability and durability.

30 watt solid state amp. Not sure what year it was made, but I think it might be from the late 1990's. Good clean sound, and an okay overdrive too. Works good for classic rock and anything else with light distortion. Not sure on the channels, basically 3 modes: clean, overdrive, and chorus. Does include a headphone jack, but no loops. I basically use this for practicing. Definitely has enough power for that.