GX60D review by Crate

Crate: GX60D

Purchased from: Pawn World

I'm using EMG 85's and playin with them through that amp sounds really good. I like metal music, and it fits that pretty well. It is LOUD, there is a lot of fuzz if you use the dist. setting (I use a Boss ME-30 processer to make the dist. better)There is a lot of effects so there is so many variations of sounds. The clean channel is as clean as can be, even at high volumes. The dist. as I said earlier is alright it's not great, and it has a bad fuzz feedback sound, but it isnt extremely bad or anything.

I play mostly Metallica and it can get me the sound I want, but I use a processer for dist. I've played for 1 year I use a Epiphone Sg G-310 with EMG 85's, and a Boss ME-30 Effects processer. There was really no regrets when I bought it. If it were stolen I would proly just save up for a half stack. I love the clean sound, I hate the fuzz in the dist., and my fav feature is the chorus. It was between a 80 watt Crate tube amp for 200, or this. and I bought this cause it sounded just as good but was a little cheaper. I wish the dist. was better.

It would definatly be reliable in a gig, I've never really had much trouble with it at all. It is a Crate after all. I haven't really taken to a lot of places so I can't really get in to detail on how durable it is. But my dad has an 80 watt Crate he's thrown has around and his has lasted through all that and still works well, he's had it for 15 yrs.

I don't know what year it was made, but it has great clean, and it's got chorus feature, and all kinds of mini effects like delay and stuff like that. It has 2 channels Dist. and clean, the dist. is ok it could be better, I use the amp just wherever I need it, and it has more than enough power for me. The one thing I can complain about is that it fades out somtimes, but I think it's just because it needs to be cleaned.