Palomino V50 review by Crate

Crate: Palomino V50

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I'm using it with a low-end ESP LTD. I play a lot of rhythm with moving parts as well. it's pretty quiet on either channel. There is a slight buzzing when it's up loud, it's hard to hear unless your listening for it. I'm pretty sure it's just something rattling, I'll check it out. I'm sure it's just something like the cage around the tubes or something. The clean channel is pretty quiet and pristine, I'd put it next to a Fender and I'd say it would be just as good. The distortion is pretty good. it's not extremely high gain metal or anything. It'll do metal pretty good. it's british voiced due to the El34's.

This amp is a good match for me, I play all kinds of rock, metal, anything like that. I've been playing for about 5 years. If it were stolen or anything like that I'd buy another one. I honestly really like this amp. I think it was well worth the money. I had a choice between this and a Peavey valveking, I think I got the better deal on this one. This one just had a lot more to it and the sound it put out was incredible.

I have had bad luck with a Crate V50. I bought a Crate V50 and it stopped working after 3 or 4 days. So I sent that one back and bought this one. I think I could depend on this amp as long as I took good care of it, like any other amp. However, I might have a backup with me just in case. I think it's pretty good quality though.

I don't know when it was made, but I do know it was made in Vietnam. It covers all the styles of music. I play rock and metal mainly. But I play pretty much everything else as well. The Palomino V50 is a 50W, Class AB tube combo amp featuring 2 channels with independent controls, 2 - 12" speakers, and a footswitchable internal spring reverb. The Palomino V50 delivers Vintage tube tone by the ton. The V50 combo amplifier also shakes off the standard black for a striking cream Tolex covering with gold trim. Palomino V50 Guitar Combo Amp Specifications: Output Power Rating: 50 Watts RMS Power Amp Tubes: (2) EL34 Size and Weight: 15.4"W x 24.6"H x 32.3" D, 62 lbs. Palomino V50 Guitar Combo Amp Features: 2 channels with individual EQ controls 50W Class AB amp 2 - 12" speakers Footswitchable spring reverb Cream Tolex cover with gold trim It comes with a footswitch as well. The footswitch is made out of metal as well, so that's a plus. The amp has more than enough power. It could easily be heard over a drummer and the rest of a band.