RFX200S review by Crate

• Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Crate: RFX200S

Sounds like a brick wall walks in front of the cabinet every few minutes bringing the volume to almost nothing. Again, this is not the first "sound related" problem with this amp. Amp went in for warranty repair 4 months after buying it new, then sat at repair shop for 6 months waiting for Crate to send working parts. Can't use the foot Switch to use all them fancy effects when playing live, kinda defeats the purpose of having a "gigging amp" when the amp is constantly in for repair and/or not fully functional

Issues after issues after issues, then getting the runaround from Crate for 6 months while in for repairs, this is NOT worth it, Get an amp from a REPUTABLE manufacturer such as Vox, Marshall, Fender etc. AVOID Crate AMPS LIKE THE PLAGUE! I'm honestly disappointed in myself for not taking the refund they offered the first time, as I decided to give them one final chance (a chance they failed miserably at) after speaking with the supervisor at Loud Technologies. Will be demanding refund yet again for this one.

Where to even start here... 6+ months in repair 4 months after buying the amp NEW, now going in for MORE repairs a year later. Crate support is almost useless. Can't gig anywhere when you don't have an amp let alone an amp that works right, very UNRELIABLE by any standards.

MORE ISSUES! After first buying the amp in 9/08, amp died 4 months later, after 6 months of repair and back and forth with so called "Support" I finally had my amp working again effects wise, however, footswitch no longer worked since then, but at that point, I was all to happy to have an amp that made sound again. So here we are 1 1/2 years later, amp is dieing once more, volume cuts out every few mins to almost nothing, foot Switch still not working. And to top it off, the handle is in pieces held together with duct tape since Crate thought it amusing to put a cheap handle on an amp that weighs 80+ lbs.

Ed S.
    My son gave me a RFX 200, a very versatile amp, with plent of power for dynamic range. However, I did experience problems with the remote channel switch. The connection at the back of the amp is not supported well enough and when plugging in the male connector it will eventually loosen the solder on the circuit board. Being a man of many talents, I re-soldered it myself. If you attempt this be sure and rescrew the circuit board tightly, otherwise the screws will vibrate off and cause severe damage to your amp. Hope the is helpful. Rock On!
    borlosky
    well, back again with even more of the same issues, DPS board dying again (i posted review from 6/6/11 with same issues then) , sound cutting in and out, effects turning them selves on and off, or can't turn effects off at all, even when turing both effects knobs to "off"...luckily there's 1 month left on my warranty, and I'm just demanding a refund this time, not even giving them another chance to fix or repair, They're put more than 15 DSP boards in the amp during the 4 years 11 months I've owned it. It's gone back to warranty repair, 15 times...I've given them not one, or two or 3 chances, but FIFTEEN chances?!?!? also the midi connector in the back for foot pedal has also been fixed during this time, and the handle is litterally held together with duct tape after bringing it in for repairs so often...Crate should have put a better handle on this amp, this amy is HEAVY (80+lbs), and the handle is CHEAP...I'm almost ashamed I let them talk me into keeping it the first 5 times they said it was "fixed"..... no more...NEVER buying Crate/ampeg/blackheart/mackie/eaw/martin audio or ANYTHING Loud Technologies EVER again, and will strongly oppose any friends or colleagues from buying anything from them as well. Getting a Marshall, VOX, or Fender amp, ya know, manufactureres that DON'T have a reputation for poor reliability, I plan on replacing this amp with a VOX, Marshall, or Fender amp this time. and just to be clear, AVOID anything LOUD technologies like the plague, support is almost non existent, reliability is almost zero, DO NOT BUY THIS AMP OR ANYTHING CRATE/LOUD!!
    fatsynthdude
    I just saw one of these at a pawn shop today and confirm that it most certainly does have Celestion Seventy 80's loaded in there. I've got too many amps, but for only a hundred bucks, I'm tempted to go back and get it just for the speakers alone.
    elmozappa
    @!thatguitarguy... Yes the RFX200s DOES have Celestions. If yours doesn't, then someone must have switched 'em while you were sleeping... zzz, wake up slappy- time for school