TX30 review by Crate

Crate: TX30

Price paid: C$ 260

Purchased from: Prussin Music

Using Les Pauls through Vox pedals with amp set on clean, sounds great. This amp has pretty lame distortion, so if you need that I recommend using it as a PA to amplify better sounding pedals and effects.This amp has one sound for me, and I've mic'd it and recorded some impressive sounds with it(through good pedals).

I play most styles, this amps any style (with a good pedal or effects). I've been playing 24 years. If it were stolen/lost, I'd buy another. It's a good size/volume trade-off, and a great mobile PA. It fits in a large standard suitcase, and the weight is mostly the battery (15 pounds or so).

Rock solid. I've gigged with it without backup. No sweat. My battery lasted like 7 years before I had to swap it out. Casing is tough as hell, 9 years later it looks the same as when I bought it. This amp has been to Japan, Scotland, America, Canada, and sat on the ground in those places. Highly reliable unit.

Made in early 2000s, Solid State, bought for street performing (voice and music) way better sound than the Fender Amp Can, which I had before. This amp has 2 channels, one clean and another with basic distortion, reverb. I often use the clean channel for my electric drumkit, and the other for electric guitar, this amp handles the 2 sources well, each is clear and distinct. For the early 2000s, it had lost of features.