TX30 Review

manufacturer: Crate date: 11/15/2011 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Crate: TX30
review (1) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
TX30 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2011

Price paid: C$ 260

Purchased from: Prussin Music

Features: Made in early 2000s, Solid State, bought for street performing (voice and music) way better sound than the Fender Amp Can, which I had before. This amp has 2 channels, one clean and another with basic distortion, reverb. I often use the clean channel for my electric drumkit, and the other for electric guitar, this amp handles the 2 sources well, each is clear and distinct. For the early 2000s, it had lost of features. // 9

Sound: Using Les Pauls through Vox pedals with amp set on clean, sounds great. This amp has pretty lame distortion, so if you need that I recommend using it as a PA to amplify better sounding pedals and effects.This amp has one sound for me, and I've mic'd it and recorded some impressive sounds with it(through good pedals). // 7

Reliability & Durability: Rock solid. I've gigged with it without backup. No sweat. My battery lasted like 7 years before I had to swap it out. Casing is tough as hell, 9 years later it looks the same as when I bought it. This amp has been to Japan, Scotland, America, Canada, and sat on the ground in those places. Highly reliable unit. // 10

Overall Impression: I play most styles, this amps any style (with a good pedal or effects). I've been playing 24 years. If it were stolen/lost, I'd buy another. It's a good size/volume trade-off, and a great mobile PA. It fits in a large standard suitcase, and the weight is mostly the battery (15 pounds or so). // 9

Comments