V32 Palomino review by Crate

Crate: V32 Palomino

This amp sounds amazing! I use all three of my pickups on the Ibanez RG, and all three sound good. I play just abotu everything, and everything works. The distortion is good enoguh to play Metallica, Atreyu, A7X, metal in generl. But thecleans are great. You do get more of a Vintage distortion. The Vintage distortion combined with the great setting you can make, makes for an amazing AC/DC, GN'R, Aerosmith, the classic rock soun ds. It's incredible.

This amp can match any style of music you play, period. I play with an Ibanez, and I play all types of music, and everything works. The best sound you get on here is the Classic Rock style. I would definitely buy another if this were tio break or be stolen, or anytihng like that. You might go Randall if you want incredible distortion, or you might go Vox if you want great cleans, but if you want te total package, not only in this price range, but above too, buy this amp.

I've had this amp for a year and nothing has gone wrong. It's tipped over and nothing has gone wrong. The speaer is a Celestion, so it's very high quality. Tubes are great, they're groove tubes, so again, high quality. Very dependable. I haven't gigged with it yet, but when I do, because it is gig worthy, I'm sure it will be reliable.

This amp doesnt't have a lot of effects or anything like that, but I don't use many effects besides wah, which I already have a pedl for, so the lack of effects I fine with me. The reverb on this sounds great. It is a two channel OD/clean amp. The one part I don't lke is the no head phone jack. But that is cometo be expected for all tube amps.

the.spine.surfs
    tmv91 wrote: do you guys think this could produce Mars Volta-esque tones?
    With a trebbely OD and a cheap Ibanez Artist, sure.
    spiff389
    i own one, great sound clean or distorted. you could totally get tmv sounds, it would just depend on your eq and gain settings. tubes crapped out at a gig though, it runs a bit too hot.
    iheartprog
    are these still in production because im trying really hard to find one but nowhere has them new.
    thegovtmule
    I just took this amp back to the store. It sounded amazing on the clean channel and the overdrive channel was good to. My problems were with "ghost notes" when playing lead on the O.D. channel that was like having a chorus pedal on all the time I couldn't shut off. Also beware of cabinet vibration sounds when playing loud - this is something I've seem in other reviews. Lastly, the reverb control SUCKS on this amp - all it did was make the amp hum. If these problems hadn't been present I would give the V32 an 8 out of 10 - especially for the price. If you are considering buying this - go somewhere and play it and pay close attention. And if you are buying it for mostly bedroom/home use - forget it - it's way too lound and I could only turn it up to about 2 and not nearly enought to drive the tubes or make the O.D. break up.
    Coupon
    The musiciansfriend deal is great, you save $250 off the regular price.
    pacair
    I just bought a Palomino V2 2x12 last week and as of this morning, MF, M123 and GC web sites all show no available Palomino amps of any flavor. They are either gone for good (again) or will be reincarnated if they build another batch in Vietnam (where the current versions are made).
    kapanks
    Someone is offering to sell me the palomino v32 for $400. Is that too much for it? According to all the things I'm reading no one paid 400 for one.
    cologuitar
    I bought my v32 for $400 on ebay. It was one of the American made models and it came with a cover and new JJ tubes. I could have bought it for the same price at GC but I wanted the American made. It's primo and I still think it was a good price. The comparable amp I would have wanted is a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - It's $850 at GC now!!
    cologuitar
    Another comment - a couple of people mentioned it not having many features - well the features are typical of a Fender tube amp - reverb, effects loop, overdrive channel with footswitch for changing to overdrive and a boost button, presence switch. What else do you want - buy pedals for effects. This amp has a real nice tone and is plenty loud. Two things that are different from Fender - only one input jack and no extension speaker jack. So if you want more speakers just plug in a 212 or 412 cab - it does have a speaker jack so you can plug in a different cabinet if you want.