VC50H review by Crate

Crate: VC50H

Purchased from: Random dude on Craigslist

I use a Jackson JS20FM. I play a bit of everything but mainly stuff like green day and this amp suits my playing style just fine. The only playing style this amp can't do is death metal. I use a Crate 2x12 cab to go with the head. For 50 watts this thing is loud. The cleans are mellow and full and the distortion is just great.

Overall this amp is the best. But I am only 16 and I have only played 4 other amps in my life and they were all solid state so I don't have that much of a comparison but I love this amp. If this amp was stolen I would find out where the guy lives and kill his kids in front of him and then torture him with an ice pick and a soldering iron and then take my amp back and then burn his house down.

This amp is tough as hell and the metal corners also protect it... Nuff said.

I don't know what year it was made in but this amp is beautiful. This amp is very versatile and I can play anything but death metal. This amp is very loud and I have gigged 4 times with it. This is my first tube amp. This amp has only the the basic features. It has two channels and the clean only has a volume, treble, and bass knob and the distortion channel has gain, treble, mid, bass, and level. This amp also has reverb for both channels.

Way Cool JR.
    The Crate Vintage Clubs are fantastic amps, no doubts about that. I am a big fan of Crate's tube amps they are very underrated.