VTX30B review by Crate

Crate: VTX30B

I use this amp through a Dean Vendetta 1.0L with the stock Seymour Duncan pickups. It suits my music style well. I can play anything from my brutal tech death to the awesomeness of the blues. It gets very loud very quick. I haven't put it up the whole way because on the setting "5" my floor starts to shake and my mom starts yelling. Meh. I play in a small box room so that sort of explains the shaking. This amp can make a variety of sounds with it's 16 DSP settings (4 reverb, doubler, I wah, T wah, octave, rotary, chorus 1, chorus 2, flanger 1, flanger 2, and 3 delay). The clean channel remains clean all the way up the volume knob. The distortion isn't as brutal as possible but it gets the job done unless you want to slaughter your guitar Slipknot style.

I play many styles of music and this amp is a good match. I've been playing almost 4 years and have had Wal-Mart gear the first three. I still own the two First Act guitars and this amp does a lot to make them sound better. I also own a DigiTech Death Metal Distortion but I can't seem to get it to work through this amp. I don't know why though. I wish I would have asked if this amp is capable of having a footpedal. Footpedals are handy to have. If this amp was stolen or lost I would not buy it again. I would probably go up to the guitar center and pick myself out a Carvin Legacy or a Mesa Boogie Recto. I love how it has the nice DSP panel. I don't have to buy 60 different pedals to fit my needs. The only thing I don't like is the Wah. I can't control when I want the wah to come out. I hate how I can't plug in normal headphones. I have to use those monsterous ones. I chose this because my budget was small and it sounded nice in the store. I wish it had another channel like it's brother, the VTX65.

I can really depend on this amp. I've jammed with it a few times and it was awesome. I wouldn't use it in a gig without a backup because that's just a bad idea to do. The amp has never broken yet. The only problem I have had was the headphone jack. It turned out my headphones were broken.

I don't have a clue what year this amp was made in. Although, this amplifier is very versatile for what I play. I enjoy metal, hard rock, and stuff like that and that little "shape" knob lets me do it all! It has 3 channels, solo, DSP, and clean. It also has a headphone and CD input jack. It's a solid state amplifier and it is 30 Watts. I use this amplifier in my bedroom and I get more than enough volume and that's how I like it!