XT120R review by Crate

Crate: XT120R

Purchased from: guitar center

I'm playin this through my Squier Strat. It's all good though since I can play pretty much anything I want through it. One clean channel, one rhythm channel and a solo channel give this combo lots of different sounds, all at the tips of your toes. Though the rhythm and solo channels are pretty much good for distortion, it's allright. The clean channel is clean at any volume and the distortion on the other channels is great. I was gonna buy a distortion pedal but then this thing changed my mind. The reverb on this combo is great too and makes some pretty interesting cool sounds.

This is a good match for anyone playing any style of rock. I've been playing for like 6 or 7 months now. I have a little Fender Frontman 15G amp. The XT120R kicks its ass. If it was stolen or lost it will never be. I love this thing. Its loud as you want if you're in your house, and would rock a gig easily. The reverb and solo channels are the sweetest thing in the package.

It's durable probably. I've never taken this bad boy anywhere. It's not made out of steel but it would probably hold up. I would use it without backup. Not broken down yet.

This amp is more than I'd ever need for just playing at home. It was a new amp so I'm guessing that it was made in 2004. I like to play classic rock, some new alternative rock and some others and this amp is good for it. It has 3 channels and comes with a footswitch to choose your channels. It doesnt have effects or a headphone jack. But its features are good, the only thing anyone could possibly need with this amp would be effects, but I'm looking at buying a pedal for that. You can hook this baby up to external speakers and shatter your windows if you want if they're not already shattered.