XT120R review by Crate

Crate: XT120R

With this amp I use my Epi Limited Edition Les Paul with EMG 81 pickups. With me if I have the gain to high it gets feed back, but that happens with all amps. It totally works with my type of music which is anything in the rock category. The distortion is great on it, but the clean tone is alrite not the best but its pretty good. There're 3 channels: solo which is heavy distortion and sticks your notes out there; overdrive which is like a rhythm distortion where it's not to loud and noticable but is very handy; and clean which is pretty much obvious, and the clean channel doesn't really get distorted until after u get to about 9 or 10 but it's not very bad though.

This amp is deffinatly one of the best today for the price and sound. If you are a musician just starting out or one that needs a good reliable inexspensive amp, this is it right here. The only thing I wish it had was Headphone jacks. The great thing about this amp also is I believe there is a 4 or 5 year warranty on it from Crate. If it were stolen from me I'd look for it and if I couldn't find it I would go buy a new one because they aren't that much money compared to a Marshall or Vox.

This amp right here is probably one of the most durable of its kind. I have dropped this amp and hit against things and it works "perfectly". The amp for me has never broken, and I have never used a back up for it, and probably never will. The only thing that has happened to me is that my footswitch lights get messed up but they still work.

This amp is the new generation amp. It is probably one of the better sounding amps of today, and its at an affordable price. It has 3 different channels (solo, overdrive, clean) and reverb. It comes with a footswitch to Switch between the channels. You can also run connect your CD player to it to jam with your favorite tracks.

Skid61490
    Man I've only ever used a Kustom and a Fneder Frontman 15 R they both got the job done as far as effects I got a POD made by line 6. ITs got everything i need so some tips for all you who spend 500 buck on brznd new amps that have effects and all jus spend 200 on a POD or if oyu wanna go real big 500-310 for a pedal board
    ReBoRnBaND4
    this amp doesn't cost $500 nor does it have digital effects all it has is reverb