XT15R review by Crate

Crate: XT15R

With the reverb cranked up the low up the hig low and the mid half you will get one of the most mezmerizing blue sounds ever. For the most part the amp is very nice not noisy at all. When you hit the solo button and you have the volume up and the gain half up it has a great metal sound to it. With the veriety of the sounds blue on this thing is wonderfull. The clean chanel is clean as it comes with a very nice sound and output. The distortion is brutal as it comes with a nice crunch.

I Play a bluesy/Metal and I love playing RHCP and it really suites the sound of them. I Have been playing 5 years now and I love this amp. If it was stolen I would have gone with the FXT30. There isnt anything bad to say about it I love the whole product. Nothing else to say besides I love it and I would recomend it to a new player to a very experienced player. If you haven't figured this is another account and I'm deleting the other review.

As I said it's a practice amp not for gigs if your talking about backstage yeah it is. This Amp has a tube sound and feal to it that's what I really like about it. It hasn't broken down in the 3 months I've had it so far and the sound is like the day I opened it out of the box.

I'm not sure when this amp was made, but it has been discontinued. I am a very metal man myself playing between Slipknot, The Who, To The Misfits but with the sound this amp puts out the type of music playible on this amp is endless. This amp has an external amp, headphone jack and a CD imput jack which I find very awesome. The Features I wish it had would have to be the fx the FXT30 has (which is the better version of this amp). This amp is a serious ball buster it wouldn't really be loud enough to have a little concert maybe a small caf'e, with the whole power thing I think it has just enough power for a bigger, badder practice amps.

rockinlespaul
    I have this amp, I'm not a huge fan. It's a decent practice amp, but I have some problems with the tone.
    LazyLatinoRocke
    i played this amp in guitar center. the sound sucked no matter which setting i used to change it. the knobs didnt change the sound that much either
    SatanicShredder
    This amp pretty much sucks, I mean the distortion sounds like you're playing it through a brick wall. My dogs howl and my ears bleed. Crate amps are really not good... I suppose it'll do if you're a beginner looking for a cheap amp (that will kill your neighbors with the sound quality).
    JS5150
    Ya...this amp is not good. A multi-effect pedal makes it sound mildly decent, but not really. Don't ever use the solo setting if you can avoid it. The cleans are mildly alright. The EQ knobs don't change a thing, regardless of how you're using it. I need an upgrade...
    guitar_kid_alex
    i have this amp and it crackles every time i strun a chord loudly its like a heavily distorted crunch and it doesnt sound too good but other than that yea this amp is good
    Vypor
    Yeah in case everyone hasn't figured out yet, this amp sucks. I've been playing on it for two years and I've never liked it. Im running EMG 81/85s with 18 volts running through my guitar, and this amp simply does not do my tone justice. Obviously, I've been practicing with it for years so its a decent practice amp - but not a practical amp. All in all, this is a beginners amp, and is not worth the money IMO.