XT30RC review by Crate

Crate: XT30RC

I use my Les Paul with this amp and there isn't very much humming unless you really turn the distortion up. I use my Boss Super Overdrive with it though and barely get any when I have that running on the clean channel. I'm only giving this a nine because the overall sound of it could be better, but it is still a great amp.

This amp is great for pretty much all rock. I doubt I'd but another if it was stolen, but this amp is really reliable and I will probably have it a long time if it doesn't get stolen. It could be better, it is just a solid state amp, and the distortion could be better, so I nearly always use my Super Overdrive pedal on the clean channel. However, for a small solid state amp, this is an amazing amp.

I have never had any problems with it at all. I would gig with it without a backup (and actually I have done so). It is so dependable that I've never even thought that it even could have problems. I can't say if customer service is helpful, I've never needed to contact them.

I'm not sure what year this amp was made but I think it has been discontinued. This amp is great; it can do metal, punk, and just about any other kind of rock. It has two channels (distortion and clean). The distortion channel includes gain, shape, and level (volume). The clean channel has volume, low, mid, and high knobs. There is also spring reverb and switchable chorus effect with depth and rate which can be used on either channel. The channels and chorus are footswitchable, but I have not tried it out because no footswitch was included and I have not bought one. The only thing I don't like about the features is that you cannot adjust the low, mid, and high on the distortion channel, just the "shape," which is really just a tone knob.