XT65R review by Crate

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Crate: XT65R

This amp as I said is a distortion amplifier with somewhat versetallity. But I don't buy an amp for versatillity, I but it for what I need it for. This is got for because it had good matches with distortion sound with the people I play. Led Zeppelin, Queens Of The Ston Age, Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Scorpions, Audioslave, and many others but I would take a day to write it all. As you can see it is quite versatile yet I wasn't thinking of it when I got it. It is just good for what I played.

I love this thing palin and simple. I will use this for a long time and hopefully past that. I have said what I need to about this amp. People think Crate's suck but that's just a narrow minded opinuin of a few people that spread to fast to others. Atleast try this amp or another Crate amp before you say something.

You can depend on this amp. It is really quite good at its durability but the spring for the spring reverd came off because it was knocked a round to much. But as I said I don't use it often so I don't mind that. But I would use this in any situation without a backup because it's an amp you dont normally need a backup unless a sercatry problem. But I stick to what I said its a strong amp.

This amplifier was built in 2004. The amp is deffinitely an amp for ditortion. It has an ok sounding clean but can get very buzzy. It really gets alot louder and stops buzzing after the distortion/overdrive is turned on. But as I said, it isn't built for clean very well and that can be a pain when I need clean. But It has three channels. Clean, rhythm, and solo as the amp says on it. The clean as I said is buzzy. But the rhythm I have a lot of fun with. It is like a less heavy distortion best for stuff like Led Zeppelin, Chuck Barry, and other blues rock. Although this channel is really quite good at these forms of music I like to play Queens Of The Stone Age on this channel for the sloppy not to heavy distortion. Last but not least is Solo which is heavy distortion bad boy channel. This is great for Black Sabbath, Metallica, Zakk Wylde stuff. Very sludgey, heavy distortion that I like to play but still find it hard to use because it is very low end distortion. But it fits sometimes. I think this has good versetilaty but don't buy this amp for the clean channel. I do also need to mention this amp comes with a foot switch selector. This also has reverd but I dont use it often so I couldn't tell you if it was good.