N-10 HoneyTone review by Danelectro

Danelectro: N-10 HoneyTone

Purchased from: Pongetti's Musical Instruments

I use a Mexican 50th anniversary Fender Stratocaster with single coil pickups and it sounds beautiful. Don't use any guitars newer then the amp because it wil give off a very bad sound. Out of all my styles my favourite is classic rock and this amp is perfect for that. Like I said it can get very loud but it wont really bring any distortion. The overdrive is great as long as you don't turn it to high. That's where it just becomes a second volume. It can make any variety of sounds if you follow the book that comes with it. The clean is a little distorted but not too bad. Unfortunately all guitars without humbuckers get a lot of hum not too much bucking so the best sound will come from a Gibson guitar or any other with humbuckers (but Gibson works best. Like I said don't turn the overdrive (distortion) too high and it'll be alright.

I play classic rock and this is a perfect amp! I've only been playing for 2 years (but I'm playing at a grade 6 level in guitar) and I'm 10, but I own a strat and a few effects and trust me, I know, this is a good amp. If it were stolen or lost I would but it again unless I had lots of money because then I'd just keep saving for a 1968 Gibson SG. The only thing I wish it had was reverb.

I can't depend on it for a very long time (batterys die as fast as they do in a wireless sytem) but a shortbasement gig I could use it but I'd definitley bring a backup. This amp is incredibly durable. It fell from 5 feet up and hit concrete and it didn't even make a scratch. And that is wow from something made out of plastic. It's never broken down yet.

This amp was made in 1998. This amp may not seem that versatile as it only has three knobs but follow the manual that comes with it you can get any sound you want. I play all styles of musoc, including the ones I don't like, and this amps perfect. Very Vintage look too. Also, it is very, very loud (at least 10 watts). It's a tube amp. It has a walkman style headphnoe jack so you don't have to go buy fancy expensive headphones and a belt clip.

heiltalker2006
    Not to be rude but this is to whoever the unregistered user was. That review was completely false. First, ten watts? I hope your kidding. Second, Tube? The amp only costs $30 - $50 and the tube would melt the plastic. Please just look into something before you write a review. But on the topic of the amplifier, for what you pay its not that bad. If you mess around with your volume and tone controls on the guitar and amp you can get a very good bluesy sound from it.
    acdc101
    The unregistered reviewer is an idiot: "Unfortunately all guitars without humbuckers get a lot of hum not too much bucking" "I use a Mexican 50th anniversary Fender Stratocaster with single coil pickups and it sounds beautiful. Don't use any guitars newer then the amp because it wil give off a very bad sound." 50th anniversary strat was made in 04, you said the amp was made in 98. "Also, it is very, very loud (at least 10 watts)" "It's a tube amp"
    Noomz
    yeah the kids only ten, For that age he spoke very well. Just a little inacurate. I'm sure to some people it sounds good because they are not used to hearing JCM800's or something.
    cap'nkirk
    it's amazing to me how many people have dropped their gear... durable or not, respect the gear ya'll... lol
    eric_cartman
    give the little guy a break, one day when he has good gear that doesn't have spongebob on it, he'll laugh