N-10 HoneyTone review by Danelectro

Danelectro: N-10 HoneyTone

Purchased from: eBay

Awesome. I connect this to my 2.1 Logitech speakers and I get awesome sound. It can plug into virtually any set of speakers or headphones. I've even played through my 5.1 surround sound system at home! You can play really loud and not blow the speakers! Clean sounds clean, and distorted sounds cool, especially with the echo on.

Sweet. If I lost it, I'd buy another. I play metal, and it's cool. It can also power out some old skool rock, acoustic, and stuff. I play through some random guitar I picked up off ebay for 30. It's not great, but it's decent for a first guitar. I'm sure this thing will sound even better when I get my SG soon.

It's well built, however one of the pegs on the battery compartment lid broke off. It still holds in place, though. It doesn't creak when you try to crush it (why would you want to), and the buttons push down nicely, without squeaking or jerking. It's quite light, so you won't notice it clipped onto your belt or in your pocket.

I've only been playing guitar for a few weeks, and this can play clean and with full on distortion and echo. It's got good features for what it is. It can run off the battery or a DC adapter. It has a guitar input jack, a headphone/line-out jack, and an output jack. It lets you alter the level of distortion. I've used the same battery it came with up until now, and wasn't started to wear out yet.

axeman84
    i sometimes use my rp-50 w/ pc speakers for a practice amp,,,,works great!
    emr_steelmech
    scarfacesuit wrote: i wish i played guitar at that age... i'd be a lot better than i am now...
    I think we all regret that now... The amp? meh, the little marshall one is a bit better
    TwistedLogic
    Like others have said, it is alright for what it is. I have one and it gives a decent tone for basic rock and the distortion is alright. But I would never consider using this instead of my micro cube
    heminder
    a bit of an update on my part... i ended up getting a Jackson Kelly instead of an SG... at the same time i got a 65 watt amp aswell... however, this thing fits into my case nicely so i can take it anywhere. also, since my amp doesn't have a headphone/output jack, i can plug this thing into my laptop if i want to do some recording. ever so useful.