N-10 HoneyTone review by Danelectro

Danelectro: N-10 HoneyTone

As of right now I am using an Ibanez RG 4EX1 with stock pickups. I'm not sure what kind they are though) But my Ibanez plus this for practice is perfect for most types of rock (AC/DC, Metallica). But if you turn it up to loud it does tend to get kinda crackly, and bad sounding. It does also depend on what your suroundings are, like if you were in a room filled with people and it was really noisy, It would suck. But if your just playin by yourself practicing or with a few pwople it would probably be fine.

My overall imperession of this amp is that is a good practice amp for the price. I mean come on, $20.00. If you do have a little bit more money to spend I would recomend getting the mini marshal amp, just because it sounds better The marshal is like, $40.00 though so you might want to think that through before buying the marshal. But overall this amp is good for laike AC/DC or even blues type stuff.

If I could gig with the Danelectro Honeytone, I wouldn't. The reason being is for one, it is not loud enough to hear over drumming. Two, I just don't even think the batteries would last that long. But This amp has been quite reliable for me for the time I've owned it, because it hasn't broken down or needed repairs yet and I don't belive It will need any any time soon.

Honestly I love the Danelectro Honetone Mini amplifier for three reasons. One, It is small. Two, it is loud. And three, it's got a built in distortion (overdrive). But on the down side the Distortion is not that great if you turn up the amp to loud, or to low. Also it's plastic, so It might break easier. (I'm not saying it will break because of that but It's just a thought). This amp fits my msic style perfectly.

madguyposerhomi
    wrote: The amp? meh, the little marshall one is a bit better
    yea but like 20 bucks more.i got mine for 20 bucks.love it. the distortion is gnarly if u use another distortion as a boost but by itself its better than alot of others ive heard.love it