N-10 HoneyTone review by Danelectro

Danelectro: N-10 HoneyTone

I played through it with both my Squier Strat w/3 single coils and my Jagmaster w/humbuckers. Even just using the suggested settings in the included manual, you can get a whole range of tones and sounds. Obviously the clean tones are great with the Strat. But using the 'Woodstock Fuzz' creates a gnarly thick tone w/single coils. The humbucker equipped guitar really seemed to Shine with the '70s Brit' and '70s Solo' settings. You really can pull a lot out of this little amp. The cleans are clean and the overdrive/distortion is gritty.

I love this amp for it's simplicity, wide range of tones and portability. I take a guitar to work quite often and having to drag a practice amp along has always been a pain. With the HoneyTone I can just throw it in the guitar case and go. If it was lost, broken or stolen I'd definitely buy another. In fact I'll probably be looking into buying Danelectro's other mini amp also. The HoneyTone is great for the desktop or bathroom. I will mention that I did look at offerings from Marshall, Fender and Dean Markley. For the price, none of them can touch the HoneyTone.

While I've only had this little amp for about a week, I'd say it's fairly sturdy, since I have already pulled it off my desk onto the wood floor. It's not an amp for gigging, unless it's just you and your guitar busking on a street corner. Even then, you couldn't depend on it using batteries alone.

I bought this amp because I wanted something I could throw in my guitar case. The HoneyTone has been the perfect answer. It is surprisingly loud for such a tiny amp. I like to play a lot of different styles and this little guy fits the bill. I can go from clean blues and country twang to searing lead and fuzzy metal. It's about as basic as it gets with only 3 knobs- Off/Volume, Tone and Overdrive. It features a headphone jack which I have yet to use. Uses a standard 1/4" jack and comes with it's own 'Vintage Power Supply'(9V battery), but I'd suggest getting the power supply. It eats batteries pretty quickly.