N-10 HoneyTone review by Danelectro

Danelectro: N-10 HoneyTone

Price paid: C$ 33.75

Purchased from: One on One Guitars

I have 3 electrics, a Squier Bullet an Epiphone Casino and a an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2. Each one has the stock pickups single coil squiers, p-90 single coilds in my Casino give a great sound but I haven't played this guitar on my honeytone yet. I play classic rock, southern rock, chicken picken, country, slide, thrash, metal, hard rock, blues. This amp does a greaet job on the blues and jazzy type stuff.This amp is not noisy, but the distortion isnt that great it's got a sound of it's own but actually it's not that bad. The sounds the amp makes are according to the book- clean and spanky, warm jazz, big amp overdrive, killer blues, distorted rythm, thick solo, woodstock fuzz, send the cats under the bed, twang, mondo sustain, brit solo tone, sparkle clean, early 80s clean solo, late sixties neck solo, 70s brit, 70s solo.

I play a wide variety from country to metal. It is a good match but the distortion isnt that great but it does the job so it's a good match for before I do my gigs. I have been playing for 5 years now. I also own a Traynor guitarmate 15since 2004 but that came broken. There was nothing I had to ask before buting this product because I read so much about it watched reviews and played it before I bought it. If it was stolen I would probably buy another so I could practice before the show. mY favourite feature is the sounds you can get out of it. There is nothing I hate about about it. I like the retro 50's look. It looks like something scotty moore would use plus it looks like the old style radios. It comes in 3 colurs aqua, burgand and white I would have gotten burgandy but all they had was aqua. I compared this to other mini amps, it appears this is better than the marshal MS-2 plus this was cheaper and people said it was better. I wish it had a distortion of my grampas Fender amp.

I could depend on it for just fooling around in the basement or at a friends or figuruing out a song by the computer. Since it is only a mini amp you obvioulsy wuoldnt use at a gig but maybe for warming up before a show it would be great. The amp I have transported this amp out in the cold -36c below weather and it came out on top. I have not dropped it yet but it is made out of plastic and I've heard it's quite durable. When you have an amp it's good too take care of it so it'll always be there. I've had this for 1 month and the amp hasn't died yet.

I bought this amp from a guitar shop that specializes in service. This amp was made in 2008 made in china, all though it was made in china it is still good quality. The amp is pretty suitable for all types of music if you follow The Music sound guide, it will sound good enough. It has distortion and clean for a good Vintage tone. I wish it had a better distortion but it's just a mini amp. I usually use this amp at friends houses, my basement, one time the street, my room and for a mini amp it has loudness. It has the jack to plug in every day headphones and a nice Vintage look. It has a belt clip so you can move around with it on your belt and it has overdrive, tone and volume and a leather handle. The amp runs on a battery that comes with it, but when you need a replacement get the cheapest you can find the salesman told me so there a pro.

sbinlb
    its a decent amp for the price. dont expect to play anything heavy on this thing cus the overdrive is not that good. the plastic is pretty thick and does not break i have dropped mine a lot of times. the amp is good for bluesy type sounds. if you buy this get a p volt battery charger for like 8$ cus it goes through batteiess quick
    heminder
    i've acquired a Vox Amplug since i reviewed this. i have to say that the amplug is a lot better.
    clearfin
    There is actually two different designs of the honeytone. The older one is tube, thats the one your going to want. It has three tubes 1 preamp and 2 for the output.