TEC80G Review

manufacturer: Danville date: 03/05/2009 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Danville: TEC80G
This Danville Amp is 80 Watts, with a 1x12" Celestion speaker. It has 2 channels and a reverb. Plus it just looks sexy.
 9.4
 9.8
 2,322
review (1) pictures (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
TEC80G Reviewed by: SupaHNinjaH, on march 05, 2009

Purchased from: King Sound

Features: This Danville Amp is 80 Watts, with a 1x12" Celestion speaker. It has 2 channels and a reverb. The first channel has gain, voice, low and high tone controls and volume. The second channel has a gain on and off switch, channel select switch, gain knob, low-mid-high tone controls. I keep the volume knob between 1-2 and it is still louder than my old Ibanez IBZ10G amp. It has an input for effects. It has a line out and external speaker. Plus it just looks sexy. // 10

Sound: I am using this with my Ibanez fitted with 2 single coils and 1 humbucker, and Ernie Ball hybrid slinky strings. It fit's a vast range of styles. The voice knob on the first channel allows for tones from old rock and roll and soul, up to heavy metal and funk rock. The second channel [clean(but can have gain)] has a very very pretty tone when using the reverb. And the distortion rocks hard. Altogether great sound, only problem is it will take a while to find the correct settings but once you have them it is great. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It is a solid amp. I don't think that I will have to take it to a shop anytime soon. It has a celestion speaker that is very reliable. it's casing is very solid I doubt it will ever have problems. It has a warranty even though so I don't have to worry about it. Even though it is solid I wouldn't go around throwing it at walls and expecting it to work good still. Overall very reliable and durable. // 10

Overall Impression: I play everything from jazz to metal and this amp gets all of the right sounds. I own this amp and a horrible little practice amp(IBZ10G), and an Ibanez(don't care what model it is, it's a good guitar), if it was stolen I would go into a blind rage through my town until I found it. My favorite feature has to be the reverb. Great amp all around. // 10

Comments