Einstein review by Diezel

Diezel: Einstein

This is why you buy a Diezel. The tones are incredible. Here's a run down of the sounds on the amp. For reference purposes I have a Gibson SG and a PRS SE Custom with Bareknuckle Rebel Yell pickups, and I'm running it with an Orange 2x12 loaded with Celestion V30's. Ch.1 Mode 1: Probably the best clean tone I have ever heard in a high gain amp, better even than the other Diezel models. Full, round and warm, when you turn the gain up it can get pretty punchy. I hesitate to compare this to other amps, but it does that lunging Hiwatt tone really easily. Ch.1 Mode 2: This is the "Texas" mode that can get you from cleaner blues tones to a single channel JCM800 style gain. Extremely dynamic and responds to your pick attack immediately, getting louder and more distorted as you pick harder and cleaning up when you pick softly. Probably my favorite channel, but that changes day to day. Ch. 1 Mode 3: Whoa, this channel has a lot of balls. This is the over the top channel, not quite as much gain as channel 2 but still high gain enough. More compressed than channel 2, this can get you anything from 80's hair metal tones to scooped metal tones. It's voiced very sweet, with give and sweetness to the saturation so death metal isn't it's first choice, but it can definitely do it. Hard to stop playing on this channel. Ch. 2: This is the monster. A liquid lead tone that needs to be heard to be believed. My favorite of the lead tones in the Diezel lineup. It's dynamic, with the gain at 9 o'clock you can get a punchy overdriven blues tone, and when you move the gain up it starts to get insane. You really never need to move the gain past 1 o'clock. Just a great channel. Please note that you need to run this with a good cab, a bad cab will yield a bad sound. Also this amp loves Vintage 30's, so keep that in mind.

Greatest amp I have ever owned. I've had Marshalls, Voxes, Peaveys, Oranges and this trumps them all. This and a nice guitar and I don't even need effects, the tone is just too good on it's own. I would not hesitate to buy another Diezel product ever. Definitely a lot of money, but no investment has ever been this worth it. I highly reccomend it.

Seems to be indestructible. It sounds cliche but this thing could survive nuclear war. Peter Diezel is a genius, and unlike some of the other names in amplification he's a person that a mere mortal like myself has spoken to more than once. He can be found monitoring the Rig-Talk when he's not building tone machines.

This is a Brand New 2007 model 100 watt Diezel Einstein head that I purchased at Guitar Center. I play rock, prog rock, some metal and sometimes classic rock type stuff. Play in both an original and a cover band and this amp does whatever I want it to night after night. It has two channels, with three modes on the first channel and a high gain second channel, more on that later. The only complaint I have is that the three modes on the first channel are not footswitchable out of the factory. This is easily remedied by a tech, but it's a nuisance. It has two effects loops, serial and parallel, an emulated line out for direct recording, and 5 speaker outputs. This amp can take any type of output tubes you want to throw at it because it has a super huge bias sweep. I currently have the stock Ruby El-34's in but it can run 6L6, KT88, 6550, 5881 etc. It has more than enough power, it is an insanely loud 100 watts. At about 3 on the master volume it was drowning out a drumkit. The best amp feature wise I have ever had.

Holy Katana
    Sweet. I tried a Herbert a little over a year ago at GC. I fell in love with it, but I unfortunately couldn't afford it.
    Weepin_Guitar
    nuclear war , that was a good one. lol I wanna get one soon ( maybe in 5 years, when I have the money )
    bowen
    Sounds awesome, I'm definantly gonna look into one of these!
    properpat
    Tonefreeq89
    properpat wrote: I'll agree, I think they're wonderful amps. But why does something like that have to be so darned expensive? There are plenty of companies here in the US that can build you something that sounds just as good if not better, for a lot less money.
    Better is subjective obviously, but no company that I have ever heard of makes anything that sounds like a Diezel. They have their own very unique voicing, modern obviously yet seemingly vintage at the same time. A certain chewiness to the sound that's hard to explain, but can really be picked up on when you play it. It may sound like a lot of money, but until you have played one, and you really owe it to yourself as a guitarist to do so, you really can't make a judgement on the price to quality ratio.