Herbert review by Diezel

Diezel: Herbert

Price paid: C$ 4800

Purchased from: Diffusion Audio

I mainly use two guitars with the herbert. My main axe is a custom built Fender strat with Lace sensor pick ups. My other guitar is a Billy Corgan sig strat. Which sounds so good with the Herbert like it was designed for it. The sound of the amp is very versatile. Most people think this as a brutal metal amp but it can do so much more with a little tweaking. For being a high gain amp it is not as noisy as alot of amp that are like it. The clean channel is one of the best I heard on a high gain amp I don't boost or anything except maybe add a little chorus to the clean channel for a different sound. All Diezel amps light distortion to all out brutalness

I play and alternative style rock. The Herbert was a great match for as my guitar hero plays one (Billy Corgan). I have been playing gutar for 16 years I mostly played Marshall amps untill I got the herbert. If it was lost/stolen I would be pretty upset since I have the 369th one built but would have to buy another one. I love this amp if I don't play for awhile I cream when I do that's how good this amp is.

I would gig with it with out a back up. That's how much I would depend on it. I had a led burn out on my a month and a half after I bought I emailed Peter Diezel and he sent me a package of 10 led's. A month after that happened my Herbert had some bad resistor caps. I sent my amp away to get fix which didn't cost me anything! But I only sent it to a tech here in Canada. Peter Diezel help him out as much as he could and peter sent me a t-shirt as well. I can't say anything bad to about Peter Diezel he goes above and beyond for his customers.

My amp was built in 2005 but I bought it in april 2008 as new old stock. I mostly play alternative rock music and the Herbert fits right into the sound I'm looking for in my head. The Herbert has 3 channels clean, crunch, and Mega crunch. All channels are done by midi switching and even has a switchable effects loop. Which helps me so I don't have to do a tap dance when I'm playing with my band. I use the Herbert on everything I do it is my main amp. I have 6 KT-88 tubes in the power section it gives me a fat punchy tone. You could put any type of tube in the Herbert and re bias them.

Metalshad0
    Yeah. This is a great amp. Our new guitarist came in, put it up and Played this, a mesa and an orange. All very different and since we're nowhere near metal genre-wise, we were all thinking the Herbert would never convince us. But it came the other way. The clarity in tone, the missing dirt and just super tight and fast sound of this amp really helped clear up our band sound. It just fit right in. The headroom on this is insane, it has a felt zillion sound possibilities. Great amp for someone who can afford it. Nice little story from our first meeting: "bro let's start playing, turn off the standby!" "Dude, it's on and I'm in high gain channel!" This has got to be the quietest amp I've ever heard. The amps are handmade, Diezel has been around since the mid-90s.This amps have been played on probably every well sold hard rock/metal album. G'n'R, Metallica, Nickelback, Journey and Alter Bridge are all happy buyers at Meister Diezel's Bavarian manufactory. They endorse nobody. If you wanna have their amps, you gotta buy them, just like Hetfield did. This amp definitely proves: It's not just good beer being brewed in Bavaria.
    squirttilithurt
    I own a Diezel VH4. In my opinion, it is better than any Rectifier amp. I do like Mesa's Mark series though.
    drrickwhatley
    Peter signed my amp and it is now front and center in my living room! I have the sound of God if anyone has the faith to listen. If you are lucky enough to purchase one, then, and only then, will you become a true believer.
    squirttilithurt
    So I got the Herbert. OMFG... this is the GOLD STANDARD of metal riffing. There is NOTHING that compares with this amp for metal. The Herbert has unbelievable focus and clarity while playing the most extreme and fast riffs. Solos suck on this amp. I've only used SD Blackouts and EMG 81s. So it is possible I need to use other pickups to get an acceptable solo tone. The cleans are very good in the Herbert. They are better than the VH4, but not as good as the Mark V's cleans.