CD300 review by Drive

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Drive: CD300

Purchased from: Guitar-Villa

I use an Epiphone special 2 with stock pickups. (I know getting a knew axe soon). I play basically anything. When I play metal the distortion is kind of weak. You get more of a grunge like distortion than a metal. On the clean channel its good because it has the treble, middle, and bass controls which help design a sound but still this is a beginner's amp. The amp is not noisy except when on distortion, but this may be because of my terrible pickups. When I play my bass through this amp it has a very noisy hum. When you turn it off it has a terrible popping sound, especially on distortion.

I play metal along with clean rock stuff. This is a beginner's amp so it's ment to fit everything a little but its not great at anything. If it were lost or stolen I would probably buy it again because its cheap and now I have pedals so I don't need to worry about the terrible features. Overall its a great amp to start with but plan to replace it after 2 years or so.

This amp has never broken down on me. If I were playing a small enough gig I would use it without a backup but I would never use it at a gig because of sound quality. The plug to plug it in the back is kind of loose. I'm not sure if this is with all amps. If you don't plug it it right it can come loose.

I don't know what year this amp was made in, but I bought it new in 2008. It has a clean and distortion channels along with a jack for a footswitch and headphones, and of course the input. This amp goes plenty loud for home practice. (I can be in my room, have all doors locked and the sound will go through two floors and can be heard easily in the basement). I wouldn't trust it for a bigger room gig. It is a combo amp and is 40W. It has treble, middle, and bass controls. It also has a distortion button, clean volume, distortion volume, and gain.

salgala2000
    READ THIS: Ok guys, so i'm the first reviewer on here, and i wanted to expand on my review because it's been a while. Features: same SOUND: I use an epiphone custom lp now, with stock buckers. The distortion on it is VERY noisy. The highest gain i can push it is like an 80's hair metal gain territory, but it doesn't sound good. The clean sound on this amp is flat and dull, anything past 5 on volume, you start getting distortion. I don't know why but after 5/10 on volume you start getting a bluesy rythm distortion, kind of like david gilmours rythm tone but without the sexyness haha.