Tourmaster 4212 review by Egnater

Egnater: Tourmaster 4212

Each channel has a set of separate gain, bass, middle, treble, and optional contour plus it's own volume switch, and a classic/modern Switch for each one to control the distortion era. Clean/vintage 1 Gives good '60s sound to it, pretty much a clean with a kickass punch that will leave a giant welting bruise. It can be pushed pretty far into a '70s-ish sound. Clean/vintage 2, good, warm sound. Pretty much clean/vintage 1 only boosed. It can be pushed into a modest overdrive. Overdrive 1, solid overdrive, kicks and punches like a Kung-Fu Master. With this channel you can get a large range of sounds, like most other overdrive channels, but only better. Overdrive 2 blew me away. You can play any thrash metal song perfect on this channel. I played the opening riff to Raining Blood and I swear it was studio quality sound. This is perfect, the chords I played on my 2007 Schecter C-1 Elite felt as thick as a double whopper. It has a sweet reverb, although if your a real reverb buff I would suggest having a reverb pedal. It also has a presence and Density knobs, so you can further control the tone. High and low input plugs further add to this tone monster.

I play everything from classical (yes classical) to grindcore, and this amp suits me perfectly. If you have this amp you need no distortion pedals, because this best of a amp has every imaginable tone you could think of packed into it and having pedals would just be repetitive. I have been playing guitar for 2 years, and have owned a slew of amps (most of which I traded off, this one I'm keeping). The way the amp looks is also a big turn on for me in general. It has a nice cream paint job with a black leather like substance around it, with Egnater printed in Marshall-style letters on the amp itself. If this amp was stolen or lost, I would hunt down the person Who took it and beat them to death in front of their children.

I would definietly use this at a gig as a backup. The amp has never broken down on me, but if you play it too hard it will get a muddy tone for a few seconds, so don't bang your guitar if you want to sustain a pure sound. What drops the rating down to a nine is it is extremely heavy, and you run the risk of dropping it and damaging the tubes. Unless you are a buff maniac or just don't care about your amp, it would be wise to have 2 people transport it.

Made in 2007, just released. 100% tube amp. This amp is a powerhouse, it has built in every tone you will ever need. I know this because I am a total tone freak, and it can cover everything. It has 4 channels, clean/vintage 1, clean/vintage 2, overdrive 1, and overdrive 2. This is a real guitarist's amp. The amp is the only amp that can be run at half or full power, which is a main feature that pulled me to it. That means that for home practicing, you can put it at half power which gives 10-25 Watts of power, and for gigs you can push it to full power and get 50-100 watts of pure face smackage. It has effects loop and headphone jack, as expected.

convictionless
    ive played this, appearntly black dahlia murder use these, and i cant get anywhere close to the amount of gain they achieve, do you think its a custom one or something?
    carpas69
    If your going to spend 1399 on a tube amp, go for a mesa rectifier. There's good tone but when you start to turn it up it gets muddy. Hard to distinguish notes in between strums. Also, the knobs are a bit jumpy. Not too smooth