E625 Fireball review by Engl

Engl: E625 Fireball

Price paid: € 900

I used 2 main guitars with this amp, 7 string Jackson with evolution and blade 2 pickups, and Gibson studio with stock pickups. Playing on the Jackson with pickup configuration gave me almost no feedback on this amp, keeping in mind that I kept the gain between 9-10 o'clock, once the bright or depth switch engaged, a whole different story, lol. I find it hard to play with the Gibson and stock pickups without a noise gate, and rolling off the volume knob on the guitar. I have to agree with other reviews that the cleans are impressive, but then again I have never owned a Fender high priced amp. This amp suits my musical playing styles perfectly, if I want a nice 70-80's crunch I use an overdrive pedal.

I have been playing for 20+ years and I'm satisified with my Engl Fireball, It can sound quite brittle at times, depending on your settings and the room, just have to watch out with your EQ setup. Maybe its just my amp head, but I'm not very satisfied with the FX loop and my Boss noise gate combination! If it were stolen I would either buy the same one again with a built in noise gate, or buy a EVH 50W head. If you need good tone, good cleans and more than enough distortion for any type of situation, this is the amp for you. If you need 4 channels and lots of options run away!

I'm knocking on wood but I've never had any problems with this amp! Nothing! Would not bring a backup to a gig situation if something did happen I would ask to use another bands amp. I have never been in contact with Engl customer service, but I am sure they would not help that much since my amp was bought many years ago, it's a simple amp I think if something went wrong with it, my local repair shop could help me out just fine. I have not changed the tubes yet either, but obviously I should look into that soon enough. It's just a well built sturdy amplifier!

I bought this amp in 2009, I'm not quite sure which year it was built, I find this amplifier versatile enough in a hard rock to death metal domain, I used this amplifier in a death metal band in studio and on stage for a few years, and I am presently gigging with it in a heavy rock band. The only features I wish it came with would be a a reverb channel and a built in noise gate (which the new series has!), but I can't complain, couldn't beat the value for your money back then. The 60W is more than enough in live and practice situation.

kakalosclio
    its good for bedroom volumes? the 100 watt version have volume and master knob so i quess you can dial better high gain tone at low volume...am i wrong?