E645 Powerball review by Engl

Engl: E645 Powerball

Price paid: € 1495

Purchased from: Musicstore.de

I mainly play this one with a Jackson SL3MG through a Laboga Vintage 4x30 cab (I'm considering on buying an Engl XXL cab). It has 4 channels. Clean: This was one of the prime reasons i bought an Engl, the clean is bright and warm, you can always tweak it a more with the bright and bottom switches regarding how you want it to sound. Crunch: A slightly distored clean sound, it's good for rock. Personally i don't really like this channel but with a tubescreamer this channel sounds perfect to me. Soft Lead: This channel really has a lot of gain. Pinch harmonics, lead stuff, articulation etc.. This baby can handle it with ease. It's really more a metal channel, but that's what I mainly play. This thing has more gain then any other amps i've ever played. High Lead: It's almost the same but is a bit more bassy. Great for blackmetal

I play guitars for over more then 7 years now. I play every style of music but I mainly play metal like: All That Remains, Parkway Drive, etc.. When I was looking for an amplifier I noticed that the most bands play with a Peavey 6505. But everyone was complaining about the clean and since I play all styles I wanted it too sound good. So now I have this Line 6 x3 live pedal with a great clean amp sound to play all these different styles of music and I have my gain channel to just blow away every piece of dust in this room. For a distorion amp with a great clean this thing is worth an 10. But be sure to test the powerball with a lot of cabinets, it's sound great with my current cab but I'm sure it sounds way better through an Engl cab especially for the lows. Now we get to the stolen/lost sentence: if that happens I'm sure I'd buy this one again but first I want to test some other amps like an invader or Mesa rectifier. Searching the perfect sound is really expensive!

Well I have it for over a year now and it still works. I never had any problems with it. Great built-quality. I believe it also has a built-in surge protector which disables your tubes. Oh and Thank god it has a grillplate with medium holes so you can enjoy the red lights by night!

-100 Watts @ 4, 8 or 16 Ohms -4 Channels (Clean, Crunch, Low Gain/High Gain Lead) -2 seperate 4-Band EQs -2 Bright Switches -2 Bottom Switches -Volume Controls for each Channel -4 x ECC83 Preamp Tubes -4 x 6L6GC Poweramp Tubes -Master A/B -Presence and Depth Controls -Integrated Noise Gate for High Gain Channels -FX-Loop (parallel to serial) -Dimensions: 71 x 27 x 27 cm -Weight: 20 kg

Sickhead3000
    okay this is gonna sound like a really nooby question but i've been searching the web for a while now and still haven't found an answer; what's the differences between the Powerball and the Powerball II?