E650 Ritchie Blackmore Signature 100 review by Engl

Engl: E650 Ritchie Blackmore Signature 100

Purchased from: A music store

Mainly I use a Kramer Vanguard FR440S with EMG pickups (metal pickups) in this huge amp. If you need the power and the gain you always have tried to rich in metal or rock music, this is the perfect amp for you to use. I prefer it to use in my prog metal style and rock than use it in blues or Jazz style. I sound I'd very often more Progressive Metal than Rock, but the RBS amp is very versatil so it suits very well in all types of music. Remember all those little noises you've had heard? Forget those noises. You can sound whatever you want with it, just you want to. Then the clean channel he's great even in higher volumes because it not will distort your guitar sound in almost every settings. The distortion channel is freaky creaping. If you flat all the presets you'll get a pretty good distortion, then it's up to you.

I usually play progressive metal, rock and melodic death metal and this amp is the best match I can find in the open market for me. I've been playing for almost 15 years and use this AMP about 8. I own a Kramer Vangaurd FR440S of '86 with a Boss GT-6 pedalboard guitar multi-effect, and never found something to aske about before I bought the Engl amp. it's full customizable predefinitions give the totally pleasant for it, nothing to hate. My favourite feature is Distortion at 3/4 of it's totally power distortion with some almost minimal dealy and reverb. Nothing will get the mesa boogies amps, but for the quality/price I prefered the Engl and I'm not regreted. You should get one.

In the matter of reliability you can full depend on it, because with he's 9 valve "state of fire" you can do everything, even frize an egg (joking), but pay attention because it could overheat. On gig's I recommend power backup (you don't want to pay for a consert that is much like the price you pay for the amp itself) so a fully recommend power backup. I have this Amp almost 8 years and never had me onto a problem, not even with valvules, so if you have carefull and lots and lots of love with your amp, he will last almost forever.

Original made in 1974(~) Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature (RSA) E 650 is an all-tube guitar amp head featuring the sound and the look that fascinates a guitar legend such as Ritchie Blackmore. The RBS amp is based on a classic, proven design, but is also equipped with a number of innovative features. For instance, you can vary the amount crunch for the two channels Clean and Lead via the gain lo/hi switch. More special features: two master volume controls, the contour button and a custom footswitch port for the connection of a compact footpedalboard that enables the direct access to all important switching functions of the amp. I used this extremely powerful amp mostly at my home, but sometimes use it at concerts in open space. This amp has about 100 Watts prewarm up valvules, feeling free to enter any features you like, stereo, foot pedalboard, among others.

jim_root4
    Johny Kramer
    jim_root4 wrote: in the american market ive seen it go for 1650 its between this and a laboga mr hector for me or even a mako el dorado really hard to chose
    I've paid this price for the amp and the cabinet! sorry, my fault, didn't mentioned!