So-Cal 50H review by Epiphone

Epiphone: So-Cal 50H

I usually use my Epiphone Standard (with EMG 60&81) and I can get a really nice Master Of Puppets tone really easily and I have hit the Welcome Home (Sanitarium)intro sound (lol it took me 5 minutes)with that reverb and a chorus pedal = awesome. This thing is not noisy at all even on 7(don't have the balls to take it to 10 XD) because this thing is reallly loud. I have only played on little 25/30w solid state amps and this just rules!

If this were stolen or lost I would track down the person responsible and torture them with my terrible playing with this cranked to the max. My favorite feature would have to be... The whole damn thing! It just kicks ass, just for all the people out there that say go buy a Mark IV or get a 505 or whatever well in your country there like $900, here in Australia 505 is $4k... BTW I also compared this amp to all the amps in the price range (MG100, Line 6 HD75 and a bunch of combos) I have to say that I liked this one the best. I love this amp

Hmm for Reliability & Durability since I have only had it for a short time but I just know that this baby is tougher than a Panzer Tank. But I would gig with a backup because im riddled with problems when I gig. (Mics dont work, Efx Pedal doesnt work, one of the drummers skins break.)

This amp was made in 2009, it has two channels and a good Switch pedal with a reverb button. This baby is an all tube 50w half stack for a great price. I play Thrash Metal and Grunge the amp it's self has more of a AC/DC type sound to it, so I went off and got a Boss Metal Zone, now I can play all sorts off stuff. It also has a power switcher thing to take the amp from 50w to 25w.

ProgFolk12
    How come these have always been so cheap? It undercuts pretty much every other comparable amp by about 150 in the UK...
    IKnowItsWrong
    Anthony1991
    This seems like a good amp, but i agree i've never seen one in any shops, its looks gorgeus
    ProgFolk12
    TheFly_1990
    SeanX3187
    TheFly_1990 wrote: ProgFolk12 wrote: IKnowItsWrong wrote: @ProgFolk12 Chinese made problably ... Not to say that those other amps are all made in the USA but they are like .. well-known brands and epiphone amps aren't Fair point, but even new AC30's are Made In China. And they're 800...it worries me a little frankly They might be made in china, but they still sound bloody awesome, and mine was 630, not 800, now i think the handwired ones are overpriced 2000 in Reverb/SoundControl!
    KurdtStaley
    SeanX3187 wrote: even if they sound good, companies start factories in China to keep prices down, so they shouldn't be that expensive coming from China.
    That's not really true. Companies produce in China to keep costs low. Price is determined by supply and demand. Whatever the average consumer is willing to pay is what the amp will sell for, regardless of how much it costs to make. The day everyone decides they'll only pay 10% above cost instead of 50 will the day the price goes down. Until then, they'll produce in China and make more per amp from stupid consumers.
    maggotspawn
    I just picked up one of these with amatching cab for $300. It's like brand new. Sounds good. Shared EQ and no FX loop kind of sucks, but it was cheap for tubes. Nice clean channel, the crunch channel needs help for anything slightly aggressive. If you crank the gain on the crunch channel too much the bass gets out of control, "flubbery". It really needs a pedal to kick the gain up for metal and tighten the low end. I plugged my Pocket Pod into it and got a pretty decent metal sound. The amp is decent, it sounds good, just needs a little help to get the sounds you want out of it.