Valve Junior Head review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Valve Junior Head

I currently play an Epiphone G-400 Sg copy with this and although the Epiphone pickups aren't that great the amp provides a decent blues/rock tone although i can't see it stretching as far as metal. So far i haven't pushed it into overdrive you'll be amazed at just how loud it is! I personally think the bright punchy sound better suits single-coil pickups though it dosen't do a bad job with the humbuckers on my Sg.

I think this is must for anyone in the market for their first tube-amp it covers most styles loves effects and although I would never take a soldering iron to mine is a perfect oppourtunity to start modding amps! It is perfect for my style which is blues/rock I especially love the break-up bluesy tone you get with the volume at about 11 O'Clock. so anyone looking for a decent amp should consider this. Don't let the price mislead you into thinking this amp is for people Who can't afford the big Brands, this amp represents great value for money!

Im not in a Band yet so have yet to gig this amp although i would certainly take this amp to a gig witout a backup!So far i've had no technichal problems with it, although i just want to point out that due to the lack of a standby swithch each time you turn the amp on you have to wait about a minute for the valves to warm up before you hear any sound!

This is a all-valve class-A valve head with a simple volume control. i bought this as a replacement for my 30-watt Marshall solid-state combo. I bought it with it's 1x12 cab . it's actually quite versatile for an amp with one knob! i use it with a DigiTech Screamin' Blues overdrive and it sounds amazing especially for the price!theres only one channel , a volume knob input jack, on/off Switch around the back theres inputs for 4,8 and 16 ohm speaker cabinets.

AirborneSF
    I got one of these a couple of months ago. It is freakin' great! Dependable, yes. Great tone, yes. Loves pedals, yes. It is well worth the $100 I spent on it.
    rhcpjhlz
    fitzyfantastic wrote: very RHCP plain and overdriven. If this guy had any idea how much shit John Frusiante uses for his tone, he would take that statement back right now.
    Frusciante only used a lot of pedals on Stadium Arcadium. Up to that point, he was extremely minimalistic with his setup. Especially in the earlier days.
    Genghis_khan
    This amp is a GREAT addition to any set up. I mean. unless you're the kind of person who uses a 100 Watter even for practice at home... there is no reason to reject the pleasure of owning a VJ Head. I actually own 2 with their matching cabs. The first one I bought it for "room practice", I live in a small flat and and after 5 mins got the neighbor at my door (lol). This amp loves pedals or multiFX, I play mines with single pedals (SansAmp GT2, Boss DD-20, Ibanez WD-7 (Wah), Boss PS-5, Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff Pi NY, etc.)in different configurations and the results are always good. My POD XT Live also shines thru the VJ. I use 2 VJ to make a stereo rig, also you can get an extra kick if you plug the VJ into a 4x12 cab, this works great!